WTB: beadlocks

GraniteCrystal

Ok, so here's what I came up with:

For me to act as a middleman (Called a Call Tag if it matters to anyone) & have UPS pick up 5 boxes @ 43# ea. from Buster in MD and deliver to Granite in Co, it would be $54.10 per wheel.

For me to ship direct to Granite from my warehouse in Pittsburgh would only be $39.36 per wheel. I don't have the ability to do a true cost on what it would be to ship from MD. to CO. direct as I have to be the originating
shipper to see true costs. It should be fairly close though. Anything over I would say $40 and that's all "handling fees".

Buster, when & where in PA do you travel to? I get to Cumberland several times a year but you're way the hell down the state from there.

Thanks Ddays. I'm waiting on the quote from Fastenal as well. We'll be in Windrock end of April, and PA a few times before then. This fall we're planning on heading all the way across country to the Rubicon, hitting Ouray and Moab on the way back. I really hope to have them sold by then, but there are possibilities. That's not until Labor day though!
It's really sweet of you guys to try and work this out for me, but at this point I think I just got to call like it is: out of my price range. Those bead locks are beautiful and I'm sure you can find someone who will pay $1800 for them but I just can't swing that this year. I'm more in the $800-1000 price range for some used Chamber Pros or KMC Machetes. I really appreciate the effort though guys. Means a lot that you were trying to make it work.

Ddays

Hooked
It's really sweet of you guys to try and work this out for me, but at this point I think I just got to call like it is: out of my price range. Those bead locks are beautiful and I'm sure you can find someone who will pay $1800 for them but I just can't swing that this year. I'm more in the $800-1000 price range for some used Chamber Pros or KMC Machetes. I really appreciate the effort though guys. Means a lot that you were trying to make it work.

Hell, no worries - that's what makes this place the best! Sorry it didn't work out.

jesse3638

Hooked
This would have been really cool to see it work out. That's why this forum is not just a forum its a community.

tgoss

I will have machette's for sale, but they are red with some pretty banged up rings on 4 of them. I'll be doing Machette's again in 8 lug so I suppose I could swap over the brand new rings from those.

tgoss

Can you throw up some pics? Location?

San Diego, it's pouring right now but they look like this:

32353728862_25ce963708_b.jpg

32127058730_a53149bdd8_b.jpg

The worst of which is now on the driver front after pinning it against a rock face slipping down a waterfall....

32383846161_3a8551d114_b.jpg

Buster3479

Just got in from work. OMG those are hot DDays! Unfortunately 5x5?

San Diego, it's pouring right now but they look like this:

32353728862_25ce963708_b.jpg

32127058730_a53149bdd8_b.jpg

The worst of which is now on the driver front after pinning it against a rock face slipping down a waterfall....

32383846161_3a8551d114_b.jpg

On another note:

Ok, so here's what I came up with:

For me to act as a middleman (Called a Call Tag if it matters to anyone) & have UPS pick up 5 boxes @ 43# ea. from Buster in MD and deliver to Granite in Co, it would be $54.10 per wheel.

For me to ship direct to Granite from my warehouse in Pittsburgh would only be $39.36 per wheel. I don't have the ability to do a true cost on what it would be to ship from MD. to CO. direct as I have to be the originating
shipper to see true costs. It should be fairly close though. Anything over I would say $40 and that's all "handling fees".

Buster, when & where in PA do you travel to? I get to Cumberland several times a year but you're way the hell down the state from there.

While I don't get through Pittsburgh, I head up to Tremont frequenly for Pine Grove for Rausch Creek and AOAA frequenlty. I've been meaning to make it to Westchester for a Quadratec Jeeps and Java day and could use this as an excuse. I do have quite a bit of friends from PA, and can probably get them relatively close to Pittsburgh within a few weeks using friends from work.

And last but certainly not least:

I understand completely.

I know it's a stretch, but I'd really like to see a WoLer that really wants them get them. If you change your mind and can swing it, I'd work with DDays and find a way to get them to him in PA. If shipping ended up at ~$40 a wheel, I'd even split shipping with you in the middle. I don't know if Steve at Dynatrac will take someone else's credit card for a partial axle payment, but I could always ask. I'm sure I'll sell them local to someone with green paper bills who tries to explain to me that they really don't want them, so I should take less. I'd much rather find a way to put them in the hands of a WoLer that really wants them and will use them.

No pressure, and no guarantees, but I'd be willing to try and work it further.

olllllllo

Last edited:

scull20

It was a while back before I had my JK but I had 5 wheels shipped across the country in a private sale via DHL, separate boxes...about $150 total. Perhaps worth exploring?

P.S. Kudos to Jerry for going the extra mile on offering to help ship!

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

I understand completely.

I know it's a stretch, but I'd really like to see a WoLer that really wants them get them. If you change your mind and can swing it, I'd work with DDays and find a way to get them to him in PA. If shipping ended up at ~$40 a wheel, I'd even split shipping with you in the middle. I don't know if Steve at Dynatrac will take someone else's credit card for a partial axle payment, but I could always ask. I'm sure I'll sell them local to someone with green paper bills who tries to explain to me that they really don't want them, so I should take less. I'd much rather find a way to put them in the hands of a WoLer that really wants them and will use them.

No pressure, and no guarantees, but I'd be willing to try and work it further.

olllllllo

Much thanks Buster. You've been incredibly generous in this offer. Your wheels are worth the $1800. Just can't swing it right now. Hope you find another WAL guy who'll appreciate them.

Buster3479

No worry Granite. My wife and I will try to look you up for a drink or a trail when we're in Colorado this fall. I think we'll be sticking to the Ouray / Moab side, but who knows. :beer:

Top Bottom