WTB: Factory soft top part (damaged okay)

MTG

Caught the Bug
yeah, i wouldn't mind the fridge condom and the slide out rack.

I was think about making a slide out rack for my fridge. But in looking at it today I don't see how one could use a slide out fridge and a trail table at the same time.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm planning/hoping to get around to this. Seems easy till you actually try to make it sturdy enough to hold weight and be secure. Hope you find a better solution than I. :thumb::yup:

Thus, it is not done yet.

Plus I'm making it even more complicated because I want a secure deck when I have the fridge in, and the ability to remove the fridge and have a secure deck going all the way across. :thinking:

Plus I'm making it even more complicated because I want a secure deck when I have the fridge in, and the ability to remove the fridge and have a secure deck going all the way across. :thinking:

Just be careful not to over think it, you'll drive yourself nuts. Been there, done that.

JAGS

Hooked

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. I have a cooler now about the size of an ARB. Straight across wont work because the ARB is a little taller. Deck needs a step up in the middle to fit the fridge (cooler in my case). Was also toying with a lower shelf and everything on top of it. Then I couldn't make up my mind. :crazyeyes: I've got a way to secure the deck sides/top if that would be any help to you?

Just be careful not to over think it, you'll drive yourself nuts. Been there, done that.

Uh, too late. I'm going to let MTG deal with some of the headaches and maybe he'll solve it for both of us. ;)

There are some of us who do have some some skills and time.

You sir....are in the wrong state.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. I have a cooler now about the size of an ARB. Straight across wont work because the ARB is a little taller. Deck needs a step up in the middle to fit the fridge (cooler in my case). Was also toying with a lower shelf and everything on top of it. Then I couldn't make up my mind. :crazyeyes: I've got a way to secure the deck sides/top if that would be any help to you?

Uh, too late. I'm going to let MTG deal with some of the headaches and maybe he'll solve it for both of us. ;)

You sir....are in the wrong state.

Not really but where God wants me. :thumb:

JKJody

I could be misreading this, but i had a deck made of wood that goes all the way across that i am no longer in need of. I can give it to you if you need it. It worked for me on the trail last year, however it sagged a bit in the middle but maybe you can modify it?

I could be misreading this, but i had a deck made of wood that goes all the way across that i am no longer in need of. I can give it to you if you need it. It worked for me on the trail last year, however it sagged a bit in the middle but maybe you can modify it?

Run a piece of 1x lumber across the middle to stiffen it up.

Or

Run a piece of square tubed metal for support.

R/
Will

MTG

Caught the Bug

View attachment 134412 View attachment 134413
Here are some pics of it, not sure if this will help or not. Its yours if you want it.

Thanks for the offer. That's similar to what I am going to make. Yup, that is a long span for plywood if it is not supported in the middle. Which is part of the problem I was trying to work through (without losing space).

Maybe somebody local to you will want it? :idontknow:

Thanks for the offer. That's similar to what I am going to make. Yup, that is a long span for plywood if it is not supported in the middle. Which is part of the problem I was trying to work through (without losing space).

Maybe somebody local to you will want it? :idontknow:

Here's a thought. How about adding a wall under it with small pockets for things such as fluids?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Here's a thought. How about adding a wall under it with small pockets for things such as fluids?

A wise man once told me...

Just be careful not to over think it, you'll drive yourself nuts.

:cheesy:

I was slightly annoyed that by doing the sides 'fixed' (see cardboard pic above) I am losing out on some storage space, but it isn't enough to worry about.

Top Bottom