WTB: Factory soft top part (damaged okay)

MTG

Caught the Bug
That'll work too, but I was thinking crossways behind the back seat for some support to keep it from sagging in the middle.

I'll run a piece all the way across the back seat for support and to protect it from being accessed from the rear seat. I had thought about just fixing the rear seats (keep them from folding forward), but figured I could use the extra support. I'm also thinking that wall will be a good place to mount a couple of rotopax water containers or store the half door uppers on the trail.

JKJody

Thanks for the offer. That's similar to what I am going to make. Yup, that is a long span for plywood if it is not supported in the middle. Which is part of the problem I was trying to work through (without losing space).

Maybe somebody local to you will want it? :idontknow:

No problem. Yea i had to end up using my stock bottle jack to keep it from sagging any further on the trail.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Ahh, I didn't know that.

All of the after market security decks are too low to put a 50qt fridge under them. Yet, they are high enough that mounting the fridge on top is a pain.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
All of the after market security decks are too low to put a 50qt fridge under them. Yet, they are high enough that mounting the fridge on top is a pain.

Getting caught up. You're attempting the exact same as I was toward the end of last summer. I was looking at piano hinges for the sides to access the addition storage there. And if possible a way to remove the whole center area if I need to transport large items like the kids bikes and such.

That step up in the middle is what I was after well. That brought it above the tailgate lip for "security" though. Was close to finding solution then.

I like the cardboard template. 👍 I think I'll start again using the cardboard idea.

To lee's point, think I'm overthinking the whole thing. 😳

MTG

Caught the Bug
Getting caught up. You're attempting the exact same as I was toward the end of last summer. I was looking at piano hinges for the sides to access the addition storage there. And if possible a way to remove the whole center area if I need to transport large items like the kids bikes and such.

That step up in the middle is what I was after well. That brought it above the tailgate lip for "security" though. Was close to finding solution then.

I like the cardboard template.  I think I'll start again using the cardboard idea.

To lee's point, think I'm overthinking the whole thing. 

Not exactly. Perhaps mostly. But not really.

TheDuff

What about a 37qt or even the 63qt under a tuffy? They both look to be the same height, which should be a lot shorter than the 50qt and from the picture I was looking at the 63qt doesn't look that much wider. But honestly the fridges are not something I've really looked at, so maybe other factors such as slide out racks ect are an issue for these other fridges?

Top Bottom