Yet Another Death Wabble Fix Question

jonnyb19

I got my 08 with 30k on it. I went through the front suspension checking torque in the bolts and decided to try the pry bar under the tire test. Both lowers were completely shot, actually made a popping noise as I lifted on the tire.

I guess I should clarify, I used the pry bar and didn't see/hear anything.

WJCO

Meme King
Here are some pictures, working on uploading some videos. There is a picture of the front end, drag link adjustment sleeve and the ball joints. I know the ball joints picture doesn't prove anything, but figured I'd throw them in there.

That track bar doesn't look right. I don't know if it's just the way they designed it or because of the missing bracket, but every time I look at the pic, it just doesn't look normal. :idontknow:

jonnyb19

That track bar doesn't look right. I don't know if it's just the way they designed it or because of the missing bracket, but every time I look at the pic, it just doesn't look normal. :idontknow:

That's my thought, the steering geometry is all jacked up. Wait until the video uploads and you can see the flex in it. I'm clearly no professional, but the track bar flexing like it does, doesn't seem legit.

jeeeep

Hooked
drag link looks bad on both ends, have you checked the torque on it?
track bar looks ok for the most part. i think that kit has a track bar bracket included, not sure. also looks like it's bottomed out on adjustment.
the yeti will help if you can wait that long.
check your caster yet?

jonnyb19

drag link looks bad on both ends, have you checked the torque on it?
track bar looks ok for the most part. i think that kit has a track bar bracket included, not sure. also looks like it's bottomed out on adjustment.
the yeti will help if you can wait that long.
check your caster yet?

I already ordered a new track bar, but it is bottomed out for sure. I haven't checked the torque yet on the drag link, the play in that just started after a few bad cases of the DW, before that i inspected it and it was fine. I am just gonna order the yeti and the relocation bracket. Even if it doesn't solve the problem, the steering geometry needs fixed. Haven't checked caster, don't have the angle finder. I am assuming it is bad, 4 inches of lift and no adjustable arms or drop bracket isn't good from what I've read

Top Bottom