(Yet another) Newb...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No the guy at the shop said 15 inch wheels cause stress on the Jeep. I'm sure he was just trying to make me upgrade to AEV wheels

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

What?? Guy sounds like a typical salesman :naw:

bl17z90

No the guy at the shop said 15 inch wheels cause stress on the Jeep. I'm sure he was just trying to make me upgrade to AEV wheels

Do your research on here, don't ever take what the shop recommends because they sound like they are just trying to squeeze every dime they can out of you.

Eddie, was it 15 inch steelies or aluminum 15's that had issues fitting on the JK?

JKWrang

From what I read 15x8 mb72 work just fine. Lots of guys run those and fits just right. Or something like that.

Definitely a money saver of that's the truth!!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do your research on here, don't ever take what the shop recommends because they sound like they are just trying to squeeze every dime they can out of you.

Eddie, was it 15 inch steelies or aluminum 15's that had issues fitting on the JK?

Some 15" aluminum wheels are too thick and will make contact with your brake calipers.

bl17z90

Another good thing about 15's is the wheel tire combo could weigh less than a 17, so that will be less weight hanging on your tailgate.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another good thing about 15's is the wheel tire combo could weigh less than a 17, so that will be less weight hanging on your tailgate.

eh, not enough to really matter. 15's are cheap and that's the only real reason to go with them. I personally am a fan of 17's as there are a lot of wheels available in that size as well.

JKWrang

And less stress on my little gears!!

bl17z90

And less stress on my little gears!!

Thats mostly tire size that does that.

Yeah it seems if you get a standard shift thats a non rubicon than you'll end up with 3.21's and an autmotic non rubicon will have 3.73's

JKWrang

Awesome. Thanks so much for your help, guys. Ill let yoy know what I come up with and hopefully be in for wheeling soon!

Top Bottom