Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Kyle7R

I like to think of Jesus like, with giant eagles’ wings and singin’ lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an Angel Band, and I’m in the front row, and I’m hammered drunk…

Attachments

• 1470364760879.jpg
    1470364760879.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 60

Jackal01

I like to think of Jesus like, with giant eagles’ wings and singin’ lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an Angel Band, and I’m in the front row, and I’m hammered drunk…

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt because it says like "I wanna be formal".
But I'm here to party too. Cause I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party.

Mun50n3d

I think everybody in this group has done the exact same thing! Lol.

She still drives just great, me and Henry took it slow and easy around the neighborhood last night. No squeaks, no rattles, no lost parts and all the lights on the dash went away within about 20 yards of rolling. Now it's off to the tire shop to see if that wheel is ruined or not.

Glad to hear your rig, and more importantly, your wife is ok. Adding a torque wrench to the list.

PROJKUR

Huge Thank You to Tdougherty81 and Kyle7r for lending a hand yesterday installing the lift. And Jackal01 for the phone support on Saturday!

Still some more work to be done (flip rear shocks around, sway bar links) but I should have pictures up real soon of the finished product! Thanks again guys!

Kyle7R

Huge Thank You to Tdougherty81 and Kyle7r for lending a hand yesterday installing the lift. And Jackal01 for the phone support on Saturday!

Still some more work to be done (flip rear shocks around, sway bar links) but I should have pictures up real soon of the finished product! Thanks again guys!

So we did manage to put them on backwards? Guess it was a 50/50 shot, lol.

Kyle7R

Yeah. Probably should have pulled the instructions first. Live and learn!

Instructions are lame, they take all the adventure out of it!

Let me know when you get the rest of your parts in, if you need a hand I'm free in the evenings

PROJKUR

Instructions are lame, they take all the adventure out of it!

Let me know when you get the rest of your parts in, if you need a hand I'm free in the evenings

Right! Evo said u-bolt is fine just hit it with a hammer... I'm going to try a table vise to bend it in. Once I get that in it should be smooth sailing. Knock on wood.

Only thing I might need help with is front driveshaft. I think I'm going to leave the brakes to the professionals!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Right! Evo said u-bolt is fine just hit it with a hammer... I'm going to try a table vise to bend it in. Once I get that in it should be smooth sailing. Knock on wood.

Only thing I might need help with is front driveshaft. I think I'm going to leave the brakes to the professionals!

The brakes are SUPER easy if you have 2 people. I always get wifey to sit in the jeep and work the peddles. :thumb:

Jackal01

The brakes are SUPER easy if you have 2 people. I always get wifey to sit in the jeep and work the peddles. :thumb:

Second this...Angela pumped [the brakes] and I did the rest. Absolutely do not pay someone to do them...unless you really want to. If I am available I will assist, Patrick.

PROJKUR

Second this...Angela pumped [the brakes] and I did the rest. Absolutely do not pay someone to do them...unless you really want to. If I am available I will assist, Patrick.

Ok you guys have me convinced. I am confident on the install, just not the bleed. Never bled vehicle brakes before. I have done my fair share of bicycle hydraulic disc brake bleeds but nothing that weighs 6k lbs going 70mph!

Brake bleed party this weekend!

Also I purchased some tubing for breather hose extensions if anyone needs some I have lots of extra.

swampdog

Ok you guys have me convinced. I am confident on the install, just not the bleed. Never bled vehicle brakes before. I have done my fair share of bicycle hydraulic disc brake bleeds but nothing that weighs 6k lbs going 70mph!

Also I purchased some tubing for breather hose extensions if anyone needs some I have lots of extra.

Also, you can handle the front DS yourself too. I did mine solo. Eazy peezy

Jackal01

Go to an auto parts store and get a brake bleeder kit. They're cheap. The write up on Project JK is spot on, too. It took less than an hour for me to replace lines and bleed. Two for beer breaks and tomfoolery.

PROJKUR

Go to an auto parts store and get a brake bleeder kit. They're cheap. The write up on Project JK is spot on, too. It took less than an hour for me to replace lines and bleed. Two for beer breaks and tomfoolery.

Ya'll make it sound so easy!
I can't pay to have someone do it if it sounds this easy.

PROJKUR

Party at your place sounds like, maybe somebody can bring a floor jack and some fans ;)

Agreed. Boy would that help! Thinking about finishing up the odds and ends this week after work but with temps set for 99-100, the inside of that garage at 5:30 will be like 900 degrees... Eh.

Top Bottom