Old Crusty- 1958 FC170

Armydog

True that. In fact when super man goes to bed, he wears chuck Norris pajamas! No doubts

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

GCM 2

Chris, I came across this ad featuring the FC. Apparently with this aftermarket option, the FC can be used for "pleasure and profit".

image-3550768269.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Chris, I came across this ad featuring the FC. Apparently with this aftermarket option, the FC can be used for "pleasure and profit".

View attachment 82418

I've never seen the AD for these, gotta love all the crazy shit they came up with back in the day. I just missed a 4door Fc with one of these mounted on the bed. I'm going to be kicking myself for a very long time for not jumping at the sale

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Turns out my grandmother lived in California for a short time.

My mom was going thorough some old boxes and came across these. I'm debating on registering the plates on my FC.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399828190.040291.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399828200.573533.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Chris, been working on my fuel gauge and finally got it figured out. What kind of problems are you having with yours? Is it moving at all, pegging out or giving you a wrong reading? Are you running an aftermarket sending unit?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hey Chris, been working on my fuel gauge and finally got it figured out. What kind of problems are you having with yours? Is it moving at all, pegging out or giving you a wrong reading? Are you running an aftermarket sending unit?

I get no reading it's a sending unit specific for the tank. (Willys truck tank). The gas gauge is from a CJ.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, cleaned it off with a grinder, I even grounded the housing on the gauge just in case

So, on the gauge you got power going to it, the sending unit attached and then the ground all connected, right? On the sending unit, you have the power lead going to the gauge and the ground attached to the frame as well but still have no signal? I'm pretty sure all the old CJ gauges use a 73 oms empty/10 oms full setting so if you had a bad ground at the sending unit, your gauge would read full. Being that you have no reading, I'd have to say that you either do not have a signal coming from the sending unit or maybe you have a bad connection at the gauge. Do you have a an aftermarket gauge that you can test things against? If not, I might recommend it.

Top Bottom