Labor Day Camping Trip - Slick Rock and

Crawler Kitty

Panda and I are going Camping we're going to camp starting Friday night at Sourgrass in Dorrington, Ca. And run slick rock on Saturday, Plans are as follows:

1. For those planning to camp:

Meet up in Arnold Ca at Meadowmont Shopping Center on Friday

2. For those that just want to join us for the Slick Rock day run

Meet up at trailhead

Camping is free but is on a first come basis. We will be securing campsites and Fire Permits (if allowed)but will need a head count for those of you planning to Camp. We would also like to know if you're joining us for the Slick Rock run so we don't leave anyone.

35's and rock rails recommended for Slick Rock.

Other notes it's Rubbersidedown's Birthday!!

So what do you say? anyone else want to join us?

Going Camping:
Crawler Kitty (1)
Panda (2)
Rubbersidedown/JK_Shottygirl (4)
2013rubirick (2)
JK_b/c_yolo (3)
TheStick (1)
CrippledPetey (2)
MagellanJenn (2)

Maybe Going/Camping
SierraSilver (5)
Justin Mazzon (1)

Maybe Going/Slick Rock Day Run

Okay looks like everyone that's going is camping too! 8 Rigs 17 WALifers and 4 or more puppies! Good stuff! Looking forward to it!

SierraSilver

Hi Marty how was the poker run? Just checking to see...will you and the family joining us?

After going up towards Tahoe the past 2 weeks, I don't the family is up for camping out on the trail. I'm going to try and come up though, for done day runs though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Crawler Kitty

After going up towards Tahoe the past 2 weeks, I don't the family is up for camping out on the trail. I'm going to try and come up though, for done day runs though.

Awesome we don't get cell service up there though we should be at the trailhead by 9 hope to see you!

Crawler Kitty

I can't wait, great view! Putting the finishing touch onto a few things tonight. Almost packed!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yay see you and everyone else on Friday. Panda went up alone to ensure we got the site - I'll be heading up there tomorrow. We will have been camping a few days before you all arrive and I imagine pretty grimmy but happy! No cell service so after 2:30 we will be out. If anyone else is interested we're meeting Friday between 2pm-3pm at Meadowmont shopping center in Arnold or IM 2013rubirick with your ETA and we'll have someone come get you. We will also be on Channel 26. If you want to make the day run at Slick Rock we can meet at trailhead at 9am on Saturday morning. I'll check in again tomorrow this Kitty's off to bed now! OUT!

Crawler Kitty

Is camp close enough for cb range to the town? I may be up there late and need a way to connect with Jenn or someone.

Probably not from Arnold but if you make it to boards crossing rd in Dorrington it's possible with the set ups everyone is running I'll run it by Panda tomorrow and we can do a trial run for you

SierraSilver

Yay see you and everyone else on Friday. Panda went up alone to ensure we got the site - No cell service so after 2:30 we will be out

I've been able to get AT&T service at the lower end at Utica Lake. Verizon can get it at the top staging area by Alpine. Good luck, I might try to catch up on Saturday or Sunday.

Crawler Kitty

Yay see you and everyone else on Friday. Panda went up alone to ensure we got the site - No cell service so after 2:30 we will be out

I've been able to get AT&T service at the lower end at Utica Lake. Verizon can get it at the top staging area by Alpine. Good luck, I might try to catch up on Saturday or Sunday.

Right on! We're only doing a Slick Rock on Saturday and breaking camp later Sunday early evening but should be chillaxing at Sourgrass camp all day Sunday fishing swimming etc or probably head out for a quick run around there. There is directions to camp earlier in thread I'll look for it and post again.

Crawler Kitty

Sourgrass is really nice, especially in the back. River is way low though.

Yep that's where we will be immediately after you head up the creek bank make a sharp left and follow the trail to the river hope to see you either day. We'll even have breakfast for you if you make it early enough on Sunday but the good crawling will be on Saturday

Last edited:
Yep that's where we will be immediately after you head up the creek bank make a sharp left and follow the trail to the river hope to see you either day. We'll even have breakfast for you if you make it early enough on Sunday but the good crawling will be on Saturday

I'm not 100% sure what time we will be there. I'm sure it will be about 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Panda

You can just give me directions on how to get there. Or are you gonna meet us??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll come up and meet you Rick, around 5 at meadowmont shopping center
Here's a couple teaser pics, trail into sourgrass ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409161449.972424.jpg
View in front of camp ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409161506.431421.jpg

TheStick

Well guys, I have to bow out. The 1% came up and I have to help move this weekend :grayno:

Moving is the worst any ways, but to have it cancel a trip :doh:

Have fun, hopefully a lot of pictures.

Top Bottom