Hbkid - "RHINO"

hbkid22

So things have been quiet. Saving for the superchips right now but in the mean time we built up little mans rig!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416103304.881652.jpg

You are not hijacking at all. Its a build thread and questions are welcome as I will be posting questions as well trying to figure out what to do....

So far I like it.....Have only had it in for about a week or so but it looks good and fits pretty nice (pain to get the fronts in but its because the fit is so tight).....The rear floor cargo piece fits a little loose but it also could be that I didnt install all the velcro yet but the front floor mats fit live a glove....The texture is very similar to the actual rhino lining but softer. And there is a little padding underneath. It isnt carpet but similar to what you would find on the fuzzy side of velcro straps/items.....Bunch of fibers which stick to the velcro to help hold it in place....Which I dont think you need to be honest.....The fit is pretty spot on that you dont need it in the front or the wheel wells and it will stay in place without it....I would say yes to the cargo area because its a large piece and it also lifts up to allow access to the tub in the rear...And have not had to clean it yet but I would say yes it seems/looks very easy to clean.....Take a wet wag if its not bad and wipe away or if its caked mud pull it out and hose it off and let it dry and throw it back in.

If you are considering it I would recommend it.

What made you go with bed tred instead of bed rug

hbkid22

Been so long I almost could not find my own build thread! :)

So I am finally going to get a few bigger mods done at the end of the month.

5.13s - yeah I know I have a D30 but only running 35s and will keep it open
ARB rear locker
ARB compressor under hood mount
C-gussets
Daystar/rugged ridge a pillar switch pod (still haven't decided)
EDIT: Crown HD ball joints - forget to mention these. not going to get synergy or pro steer now until I upgrade to a PR44

And I might have enough left over for some truck lites or a new exhaust but thinking truck lites for now.

Gonna feel good to get rid of the 3.21s.

Now I just need to make time to cut my fenders.

Last edited:

Jiffy05

ARB rear locker
C-gussets

And I might have enough left over for some truck lites or a new exhaust but thinking truck lites for now.

Why do you want 5.13's with only 35" tires? Are you planning for the future with that?

jfallon1

ARB rear locker
C-gussets

I think you'll be happy with the 5.13's. Knowing I was going to 37's one day and a PR up front, I went with 5.13 in my Dana 30 so I wouldn't have to regear twice. I've wheeled my 30 with 35in tires and said gears (open diff and c gussets) and haven't had a problem with them. With that being said, I tend to use more strategy than throttle to wheel. You'll be happy with them and let's face it, we never stop building our jeeps so you'll want 37's one day. Nice build and keep it up. Cheers!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Why do you want 5.13's with only 35" tires? Are you planning for the future with that?

My guess is between the 3.8 and living in the mountains, he wants the extra RPM. I know Cozdude is running 5.13's and 35's and likes that combo.

hbkid22

Yeah. I ultimately will be running 37s so instead of getting 4.88s now and redoing everything down the road I figured why not get the 5.13s now....

hbkid22

My guess is between the 3.8 and living in the mountains, he wants the extra RPM. I know Cozdude is running 5.13's and 35's and likes that combo.

This is very true as well.....Living in Colorado the 5.13s will help out nicely.

hbkid22

I think you'll be happy with the 5.13's. Knowing I was going to 37's one day and a PR up front, I went with 5.13 in my Dana 30 so I wouldn't have to regear twice. I've wheeled my 30 with 35in tires and said gears (open diff and c gussets) and haven't had a problem with them. With that being said, I tend to use more strategy than throttle to wheel. You'll be happy with them and let's face it, we never stop building our jeeps so you'll want 37's one day. Nice build and keep it up. Cheers!

Yeah the PR upfront will be a year out but that is also why I will stick to 35s for now. On a D30 you can get away with it a little more and having the locker will allow me to be lighter on the throttle versus having to bounce it up. And yes the building will never stop.....

Jiffy05

Yeah. I ultimately will be running 37s so instead of getting 4.88s now and redoing everything down the road I figured why not get the 5.13s now....

Oh okay. That makes sense then. I didn't know you only had the 3.8 so that will help out a lot then.

hbkid22

Dropped off RHINO at Northridge today! Getting those much needed upgrades.....cannot wait to break the gears in and try out the rear locker! :rock:

Also, order myself a bestop instatrunk and my recovery kit!

Clem319

Dropped off RHINO at Northridge today! Getting those much needed upgrades.....cannot wait to break the gears in and try out the rear locker! :rock:

Also, order myself a bestop instatrunk and my recovery kit!

Sweet. Congrats. Jeeps looking good

hbkid22

Picked up RHINO today from Northridge! Man gears make such a big difference.....Even though I could not go above 65/70 I have never had so much response in the throttle before. 5.13s are so nice.

ARB locker and compressor are done as well. Will post up picks of in a bit. And I knew I was forgetting something and left out the ARB inflator kit but will pick that up when I change the gear oil.

Learned that my steering stabilizing is leaking so I will probably upgrade that before my next trip......but other than that, nice to have RHINO back.

Top Bottom