Hbkid - "RHINO"

hbkid22

Yeah, I know absolutely nothing about cb radios. I was just curious also. How you get it working. :thumbup:

Didn't get it working yet. Still trying to find the coupling nut. Lowes didn't have it so off to ace tomorrow. Other than that it's working at least. The unit is grounded and connected to power. Just need the antenna.

hbkid22

Liking the new look! Think it would look good with 40s up front? Would get a good approach angle out of this.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412003999.208223.jpg

Wethy

Didn't get it working yet. Still trying to find the coupling nut. Lowes didn't have it so off to ace tomorrow. Other than that it's working at least. The unit is grounded and connected to power. Just need the antenna.

if you havent already gotten it you can usually find them at a truck stop. i just installed my CB the other day and i bought everything separately just make sure you get an antenna stud that has a bolt on the bottom side like the little sheet of paper you had i believe its a K4 stud you need for the fire ring coax

hbkid22

if you havent already gotten it you can usually find them at a truck stop. i just installed my CB the other day and i bought everything separately just make sure you get an antenna stud that has a bolt on the bottom side like the little sheet of paper you had i believe its a K4 stud you need for the fire ring coax

I did finally get it working. I will post pics tomorrow. I did have to go to the local CB shop to get it all but got it figured out.

hbkid22

Here are some pics of the CB done. I will say I did make the mistake of getting the teraflex cb mount and trying to mount directly to it because of the powder coating. Sanded part of it down to get a ground but now have to deal with rust. Will need to look at a new mount later. View attachment 103268
View attachment 103269
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412199139.512049.jpg

hbkid22

Question. To cut or not to cut the fenders? I'm still running 35s and will be for a bit but want to cut the fenders and will when I get 37s but wondering if I should cut them now or wait? Afraid it may open up the wheel well too much with not enough tire. Anyone have cut fenders with 35s on a 3-4" lift?

hbkid22

How did your trip go?

Was fun. Couldn't make it to the first arrow as it was behind a private fence that was shut! :( made it down to granite reservoir and it was pretty. The roads down to vedawoo were pretty also. Nothing that a 2wd can't do but still was nice to explore.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413075176.854142.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yeah, there isn't any crazy wheeling out there. But the rock formations are pretty cool.

Rharvey160

Future -
Want to go with Coil Overs but looking at the bolt-ons. Anyone have a 3-4" lift with bolt-on coil overs?
5.13 gears (I live in CO)
Cobra 29
Bed Rug kit (as soon as i get the glued down carpet out)
37" Nitto/Toyo
Flat Fenders - leaning towards the SmittyBilt ones
EVO tire carrier/skins
Bestop instatrunk
Underseat lockbox
SmittyBilt GEAR seat covers
Gobi Stealth Rack
Light Bar on rack
ARB air compressor (possibly the ARB twin)
Front/Rear Lockers
Upgraded Axles if that ever arises

-------------------

Your jeep looks good. I am partial to Silver and two doors as well. I have EVO bolt on coilovers on mine adjusted down about as low as it will go. You can check my build thread for pics on how it sits.

hbkid22

Future -
Want to go with Coil Overs but looking at the bolt-ons. Anyone have a 3-4" lift with bolt-on coil overs?
5.13 gears (I live in CO)
Cobra 29
Bed Rug kit (as soon as i get the glued down carpet out)
37" Nitto/Toyo
Flat Fenders - leaning towards the SmittyBilt ones
EVO tire carrier/skins
Bestop instatrunk
Underseat lockbox
SmittyBilt GEAR seat covers
Gobi Stealth Rack
Light Bar on rack
ARB air compressor (possibly the ARB twin)
Front/Rear Lockers
Upgraded Axles if that ever arises

-------------------

Your jeep looks good. I am partial to Silver and two doors as well. I have EVO bolt on coilovers on mine adjusted down about as low as it will go. You can check my build thread for pics on how it sits.

How do you like the coilovers? And I will check out your build. Thanks.

hbkid22

Not much has happened.....Rather I just keep adding to my list and dreaming about what I want!

Coming up in the next couple weeks....
- plastidipping the front grill.
- plan to get the jeep up on stands and clean....There is a fair bit of rust that I would like to try and remove some and hopefully throw on some rustoleum high heat paint to protect some areas.
- saving up for a superchips and think I am going to go with a trail dash. Anyone have one and thoughts or would you recommend just the flashpaq?
- I need to rhinoline the interior....wanted to wait for that as its a bit pricey but that will be going in hopefully in next 2 months...the carpet mess is bad so I wont complain but would rather get something else.
- and I need to tighten up the e-brake. Have had the jeep slide a bit with the brake on!

That is about it for now. No big purchases til march when bonus money rolls in! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom