Hbkid - "RHINO"

hbkid22

Just some clean up items. Replaced the black wayalife sticker with a silver one and in the process of painting the grill black.

View attachment 106740

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414281563.796288.jpg

The bigger items are more than likely on hold til March but we will see. Going to Northridge in the next couple weeks to talk to them.

hbkid22

Are those drake offroad hood latches?? Do you like them?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Good question. I don't know what latches those are as I bought the jeep with them on but I do like them.

And debating the fender trim. I want to and will but not sure if I want to trim it with 35s on or wait til I get 37s. But learning towards trim.

Armydog

Good question. I don't know what latches those are as I bought the jeep with them on but I do like them.

And debating the fender trim. I want to and will but not sure if I want to trim it with 35s on or wait til I get 37s. But learning towards trim.

I totally get where you are coming from. One of my guys is running 34s and with his fenders trimmed the wheel wells look a little empty. I too really need to move up to 37s......".

hbkid22

I totally get where you are coming from. One of my guys is running 34s and with his fenders trimmed the wheel wells look a little empty. I too really need to move up to 37s......".

We will see tho....I plan to paint the inside of the wheel wells black which hopefully will cover up how large the opening is. Or it will just force me to get 37s sooner than I want! :thumb:

hbkid22

Ordered a bedrug kit for the jeep today. Will do a little write up on that once I get it. Wanted to do the rhino line but the glue from the carpet is causing me many problems. For the liner to work I would need to spend weeks getting everything off (or spend a bunch of money - neither of which I have) and not worth the time so I figured I would try the bedrug rhino kit and see if I can't get that to cover everything and stick.

JK LYF

Really enjoying your build! My suggestion, if you haven't yet, go for the fender trim. I was a little nervous when I trimmed mine, and I did it with stock wheels! I honestly think you will like it! With the 35s I think it may even make them look thicker. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hbkid22

Really enjoying your build! My suggestion, if you haven't yet, go for the fender trim. I was a little nervous when I trimmed mine, and I did it with stock wheels! I honestly think you will like it! With the 35s I think it may even make them look thicker. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man. Like your rig as well.

I will more than likely do the fender trim but just waiting for the free time from the Fam! It will also help make this rig my own as I bought it lifted and already upgraded for a sport.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414548780.261836.jpg also last trip out.

hbkid22

So finally I got the bedtred in.....I will say it was a pain but was fairly easy. I dont have progress shots but will upload a few of the after. Will try to get a better overall shot later but could not get it with the light right now. The front was a good tight fit but the rear is looser than I thought it would be but then again I did not add all the velcro which probably would help :doh: I will take it back out later and redo it but needed to get it in as the wife was getting to the point of not wanting to ride in it! :crazyeyes:

hbkid22

Looks a lot better! I can't believe what a hack job that last guy did on your carpets.

It just makes the jeep feel new and clean again. I just don't know what off-road shop would glue down carpet in a jeep. Just glad it's hidden.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Great looking rig, coming along nicely! Not to hijack, but I am curious how you like the bedtread? How would you describe the texture on it, and do you think it will be easy to clean mud, etc off of it? Also, is there padding underneath or is it just the rubber mat stuff? I am concidering this for my rig, as the soft top and half doors dont always seal up great and I get caught in the rain with no top and doors quite often. I yanked out the carpet because it was always wet, but still want something in the floorboards. Again, great looking rig!

hbkid22

Great looking rig, coming along nicely! Not to hijack, but I am curious how you like the bedtread? How would you describe the texture on it, and do you think it will be easy to clean mud, etc off of it? Also, is there padding underneath or is it just the rubber mat stuff? I am concidering this for my rig, as the soft top and half doors dont always seal up great and I get caught in the rain with no top and doors quite often. I yanked out the carpet because it was always wet, but still want something in the floorboards. Again, great looking rig!

You are not hijacking at all. Its a build thread and questions are welcome as I will be posting questions as well trying to figure out what to do....

So far I like it.....Have only had it in for about a week or so but it looks good and fits pretty nice (pain to get the fronts in but its because the fit is so tight).....The rear floor cargo piece fits a little loose but it also could be that I didnt install all the velcro yet but the front floor mats fit live a glove....The texture is very similar to the actual rhino lining but softer. And there is a little padding underneath. It isnt carpet but similar to what you would find on the fuzzy side of velcro straps/items.....Bunch of fibers which stick to the velcro to help hold it in place....Which I dont think you need to be honest.....The fit is pretty spot on that you dont need it in the front or the wheel wells and it will stay in place without it....I would say yes to the cargo area because its a large piece and it also lifts up to allow access to the tub in the rear...And have not had to clean it yet but I would say yes it seems/looks very easy to clean.....Take a wet wag if its not bad and wipe away or if its caked mud pull it out and hose it off and let it dry and throw it back in.

If you are considering it I would recommend it.

Top Bottom