Off road lighting

big dr

Its a good debate!!! I look forward to meeting you on thurs!:beer::thumb:

I do apologize to the OP for the sidetrack.

Havoc40

A seal on a light fixture has nothing to do with manufacturing!!! That makes no sense!!:thinking:

OK,,, would you rather buy a product with enough quality control from the factory that the proper seal is there,, or from a company that cant get the seal correct? In addition to that point,, Combat lights come with a GORE valve, which is an expensive little piece which allows for atmospheric equalization without allowing in moisture. I don't believe earlier products from the competition had this; although I do believe they now do. I don't claim to be an expert, but when I see water inside a light housing just from being parked outside overnight,, I don't want that light on my jeep.

Rigid lights also utilize the GORE pressure equalizing valve. I don't remember if their previous revisions had it, though? My 1st experience with Rigid LED's was on my 4wheeler. The only time I had issues with moisture/condensation was when a light smacked a tree at high speed. That impact caused the seal to leak, which Rigid took care of promptly for me. Because of their customer service, quality lighting, and industry support for mounting solutions...they get my business.

These debates remind me of the gun forums I belong to. Surefire vs. Fenix vs. Streamlight vs. the world of knock-offs. Speaking of which I just remembered I received the RMA # to send my Surefire in for repair.

Last edited:

Recurve

Rigid lights also utilize the GORE pressure equalizing valve. I don't remember if their previous revisions had it, though? My 1st experience with Rigid LED's was on my 4wheeler. The only time I had issues with moisture/condensation was when a light smacked a tree at high speed. That impact caused the seal to leak, which Rigid took care of promptly for me. Because of their customer service, quality lighting, and industry support for mounting solutions...they get my business.

These debates remind me of the gun forums I belong to. Surefire vs. Fenix vs. Streamlight vs. the world of knock-offs. Speaking of which I just remembered I received the RMA # to send my Surefire in for repair.

This is truth, I love my surefire weapon lights just as much as I love my rigids on my jeep. No matter the hobby , you get what you pay for. Buy once cry once. Rigid gets my vote :thumb:

big dr

I wouldnt even consider anything other than rigid. Everything else is really trash other than a few exceptions.

This is a ridiculous statement,,, Is Baja Designs trash too? Vision X? Or are they your exceptions list? There a lot of trophy truck and class 1 guys who might disagree with you,, but what do they know?

Last edited:

jango

Definetely recommend rigids if you have the cash. They stand by their products and they're quality is like no other. I have a few off brand lights and one set of rigids and the rigids are my favorite and best.

Havoc40

This is a ridiculous statement,,, Is Baja Designs trash too? Vision X? Or are they your exceptions list? There a lot of trophy truck and class 1 guys who might disagree with you,, but what do they know?

I'll have to agree with this. I'm actually debating on Rigid or Baja Designs for a 50" bar...even though all my lights are Rigid at the moment. BD stuff is definitely high quality

Tanner505

I'll have to agree with this. I'm actually debating on Rigid or Baja Designs for a 50" bar...even though all my lights are Rigid at the moment. BD stuff is definitely high quality

I wish I had the money to go jw speaker for my offroad lights they are another amazing brand that is American made but the cost it a bit much for me but I run there headlights and rigids for offroad lights

Havoc40

I wish I had the money to go jw speaker for my offroad lights they are another amazing brand that is American made but the cost it a bit much for me but I run there headlights and rigids for offroad lights

Interesting, I didn't realize the scope of their products. My buddy has JWS headlights that I really like and have been thinking about buying some...just never went to their site until now lol.

Been wanting to upgrade the headlights since first buying my Jeep. I can't make my mind up between LED's or HID's. Because I couldn't decide I just threw some Dually's on windshield mounts. Due to a recent accident and getting new front/rear bumpers I now have 2 more sets of Rigids to install :D

Last edited:

Tanner505

Interesting, I didn't realize the scope of their products. My buddy has JWS headlights that I really like and have been thinking about buying some...just never went to their site until now lol.

Been wanting to upgrade the headlights since first buying my Jeep. I can't make my mind up between LED's or HID's. Because I couldn't decide I just threw some Dually's on windshield mounts. Due to a recent accident and getting new front/rear bumpers, I now have 2 more sets of Rigids to install :D
Imo they make the most unique looking offroad lights and they are one of the top dogs when it comes to usable light and optics

Havoc40

Imo they make the most unique looking offroad lights and they are one of the top dogs when it comes to usable light and optics

I'll have to keep that in mind. I typically don't buy anything like lighting until personally seeing it. But if their offroad lights are anything like their headlights I'm sure it's quality stuff.

I wasn't considering Baja Designs until spending quite a bit of time at their SEMA and PRI booth this year. The OnX6 50" is badass...with a price just as bad!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Anyone know if the Lightforce led's have made it stateside yet?

(I'm talking about the ones that look light the pricey red ARB lights on EVOlander.)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Anyone know if the Lightforce led's have made it stateside yet?

(I'm talking about the ones that look light the pricey red ARB lights on EVOlander.)

I'm guessing they are stuck with the teraflex lift kits off the coast in long beach ...

Riley Moss

I got a 50inch light bar from a company called Hyperion LEDs they are a mom and pop shop in California I got it for 450 bucks have had it now for a year no problems. My KC 30 inch light bar has already developed fog behind the lense and that one cost me 700 dollars I'm not affiliated with either company just trying to give some people a good idea for lighting.

Clem319

My 50" is a fcklightbar. Solid quality with a "lifetime" warranty. I guess that only counts if they stay in business. So far so good though!

ChrisMR589

How do cree leds hold up? Are the cube leds way brighter than a 7" 100 watt halogen?

I'm curious about this as well. Which is better? Anyone swap one for the other, and why?
Also if anyone could point me in the direction how to take OEM fog harness and splice cube led's in place of factory. Thanks

Top Bottom