MedixJK build thread

I will tell you one thing I have learned. You say you probably wont use it hard enough to need those things. However once you have it ill be willing to bet you will be using it like you dont think.
You mean like when you could hear me trying to make it up 15 from the windrock parking lot?

Exodus 4x4

Definitely go for the winch first. As far as tires go, I love my 37x13.5 STT Pros. And Grubbicon is right. I never really needed a winch, until I got a winch. Then I put myself in situations I normally wouldn't because I knew I could winch out of them.

Definitely go for the winch first. As far as tires go, I love my 37x13.5 STT Pros. And Grubbicon is right. I never really needed a winch, until I got a winch. Then I put myself in situations I normally wouldn't because I knew I could winch out of them.
Im really leaning twords those STTs. Ive heard nothing but good from Eddie and everyone else thats running them.

Winch and evo sliders will be the first things ordered and installed.

thardy

Banned
You could always go with the Warn M8000 instead of the Zeon. Save you a couple bucks. Hell, could come in handy in a couple weeks. ;)

You could always go with the Warn M8000 instead of the Zeon. Save you a couple bucks. Hell, could come in handy in a couple weeks. ;)
Ive weighed that option too. I need to dig deeper and find out whats different besides looks and line speed.

thardy

Banned
Ive weighed that option too. I need to dig deeper and find out whats different besides looks and line speed.

It's been awhile since I looked into it, but I'm fairly certain there's not enough of a difference to me to justify paying the extra coin for the Zeon. But that's just me.

scull20

It's been awhile since I looked into it, but I'm fairly certain there's not enough of a difference to me to justify paying the extra coin for the Zeon. But that's just me.

...besides looking fancy. Aren't the Zeon's "waterproof" or the control pack (or whatever it's called" all sealed up? Not that this justifies the price hike, just thought of a difference between the Zeon's and M series.

crowrb29

I've seen some winches, granted not the m8000, compared to the Zeon and the line speed on the Zeon is so awesome in comparison. A couple of my buddies have them and I love watching them put in work. It's awesome.

jkwebbie

...besides looking fancy. Aren't the Zeon's "waterproof" or the control pack (or whatever it's called" all sealed up? Not that this justifies the price hike, just thought of a difference between the Zeon's and M series.

I think you're right about the waterproof part. Not 100% but I'm pretty sure I heard that when they first came out. Plus the faster line speed would be nice

swampdog

My warn M8000 pulled 2 other keeps plus myself up the ledge at Uwharrie and also pulled me sideways up a hill...so far, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Also, pulled a few bushes around the house.

My warn M8000 pulled 2 other keeps plus myself up the ledge at Uwharrie and also pulled me sideways up a hill...so far, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Also, pulled a few bushes around the house.
Im really torn. I want synth line for sure so that be a couple more hundo right of the bat...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
So im trying to lay out the framework for the next part of my build and as always, opinions are wanted & welcome...

Heres what im thinking:

-Front 44 axle (rubi takeoff, mopar crate or dynatrac (maybe))
-37x12.50(or 13.50?) Trail Graps or STT Pros
-Level 8 Bully Pro wheels
-Warn Zeon
-Evo weld-on sliders
-Regear
-Rear locker (unknown)
-Crawler Conceptz tire carrier

Feel free to weigh in.

My personal opinion Matt is to get the things first that give you the biggest bang in every day driving. Out of your list, that would mean the re-gear and lock the rear, possibly combined with the new front axle. It's a big chunk of change, but you'd be surprised just how much more capable your rig will be with just that.

And do you ever go wheeling when no one in your group has a winch? Save your money and get someone else to give you a pull.

scull20

Just came across a pic of your rig with a 35" on the stock Rubi wheels on your tailgate.

Did you do anything special to make the spare fit? Assuming you have the OEM carrier still.

I haven't spent too much time on mine, but it looks like I need to chop down the third brake light and maybe shorten the isolators a tad?

Could you shed some light on this?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Just came across a pic of your rig with a 35" on the stock Rubi wheels on your tailgate.

Did you do anything special to make the spare fit? Assuming you have the OEM carrier still.

I haven't spent too much time on mine, but it looks like I need to chop down the third brake light and maybe shorten the isolators a tad?

Could you shed some light on this?

Fairly sure you'll need a wheel spacer on the tire carrier also Ryan

Top Bottom