EZ-E Build Thread

Damn! All that great wheeling at SMORR with no breaks and you go dick around in your backyard and start destroying stuff. Ha ha

Good thing that hole wasn't full of water. Ask me how I know. :doh:

EZ-E

Damn! All that great wheeling at SMORR with no breaks and you go dick around in your backyard and start destroying stuff. Ha ha

Good thing that hole wasn't full of water. Ask me how I know. :doh:

I know. Pretty annoying... But yes, definitely could've been a lot worse if it was a 8 ft deep water hole. Lol.

So, how do you know? Haha

My first jeep died a painful death that way. I was in high school and was paying on a 97 Sahara. Dual tops, 31" BFG All-Terrains, had just put a new head unit, sub, amp, and Polk audio speakers in it. My brother borrowed it for a night. It never came home. He took it wheeling in a creek at night and didn't get out to look at the water he was about to cross. Sank it in 8-10 foot of water with the engine running.

I bought a POS Ford Ranger with over 200,000 miles on it for $500 after that and drove it for 4 years. Ha ha

Glad I can laugh about it now. We didn't talk to each other much after that for a while.

BlackHawk08jk

My first jeep died a painful death that way. I was in high school and was paying on a 97 Sahara. Dual tops, 31" BFG All-Terrains, had just put a new head unit, sub, amp, and Polk audio speakers in it. My brother borrowed it for a night. It never came home. He took it wheeling in a creek at night and didn't get out to look at the water he was about to cross. Sank it in 8-10 foot of water with the engine running.

I bought a POS Ford Ranger with over 200,000 miles on it for $500 after that and drove it for 4 years. Ha ha

Glad I can laugh about it now. We didn't talk to each other much after that for a while.

Dude that blows! But look at the rig you have now.

Peak

Just thought of something. While it may not be a requirement for the JKX are you bringing a 2nd spare tire? Having a blown tire sucks but imagine having another...that could end your trip. You may be able to pick up a cheap used tire off craigslist.

ttfhell

Just thought of something. While it may not be a requirement for the JKX are you bringing a 2nd spare tire? Having a blown tire sucks but imagine having another...that could end your trip. You may be able to pick up a cheap used tire off craigslist.

Where the hell would he put it?

Peak

Where the hell would he put it?

He can build a rack, store the tire underneath, and other gear on top of the rack. And he will have storage in the other seats.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436327137.982734.jpg
Yet again I have no clue how much storage you need for a trip like this, so you're probably right lol.

ttfhell

He can build a rack, store the tire underneath, and other gear on top of the rack. And he will have storage in the other seats.
View attachment 152593
Yet again I have no clue how much storage you need for a trip like this, so you're probably right lol.

A lot lol. This should give a better idea. This picture doesn't include the spare drive shaft, rear axle shaft, or track bar I packed in the back or clothes. You will also get a giant bag of shirts and swag. Now add another sleeping bag, pillows (what can I say), two more clothes bags for the co-driver, and a tent. They also like you to have a seat open in the back for helpers/spotters to hop in etc. so space is limited lol. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436329229.206122.jpg

EZ-E

Yea, while that would be ideal. Just not gonna have room. I ordered the ATX Chamber Pro Beadlocks in the hopes that this will eliminate some of the potential problems with trashing a wheel/tire.

EZ-E

Damn! Yea it would be hard to forgive someone for doing that. But your new Jeep is much more badass!

BlackHawk08jk

View attachment 152593

I'm guns go ahead and say there would be no room for that. Or at least I wouldn't have room.

BlackHawk08jk

Plus my jeep would be riding like it had a trunk full of fat chicks with all that extra weight. Lol

Plus in all the wheeling that I've done or watched, I have yet to see a need for 2 spares. Two spares would be so much weight. That would be more than just a trunk load of fat chicks.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Plus in all the wheeling that I've done or watched, I have yet to see a need for 2 spares. Two spares would be so much weight. That would be more than just a trunk load of fat chicks.

I agree, just pick up a good plug kit and hope for the best. Hopefully if you puncture a tire, the hole wouldn't be too big to shove a few plugs in to at least get you off the trail.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I'm guns go ahead and say there would be no room for that. Or at least I wouldn't have room.

I wouldn't have had enough room for that even when we went to Smorr last month for the weekend and stayed in a hotel...of course I'm a heavy packer too, so that doesn't help.

Top Bottom