EZ-E Build Thread

EZ-E

I agree, just pick up a good plug kit and hope for the best. Hopefully if you puncture a tire, the hole wouldn't be too big to shove a few plugs in to at least get you off the trail.

Yea that's what I figured. Plus they have a whole support crew. Not that I'm relying solely on them, but I would imagine they could help get you up and moving should something happen

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Nice!!! Can't wait to see the beadlocks mounted up! Are you gonna run your STT's or get new rubber before you go? I didn't see what kind of shape they were in when we were at Smorr

EZ-E

Nice!!! Can't wait to see the beadlocks mounted up! Are you gonna run your STT's or get new rubber before you go? I didn't see what kind of shape they were in when we were at Smorr

They're still pretty solid. I plan on swapping them over to the Beadlocks.

EZ-E

Got out of work late so I didn't get as far as I wanted. Also, the beer in my fridge started to look more interesting. The stub shaft was mangled to the point that it won't fit out of the knuckle. So I'll have to drop that tomorrow. Once that's done I'll unbolt the control arms and start cutting off what's left of the trackbar bracket.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436407912.717214.jpg

EZ-E

Push the stub back in and beat it with a sledge or cut off the ears. It'll slide out. I've done it before.

Meh, the bent stub shaft ear pushed the lower ball joint out of the inner c about .5" so I need to pull the knuckle to check/fix that anyways. Although beating the shit out of my Jeep does sound fun...

EZ-E

Attempted to mount up the Beadlocks last night. I watched the video that Eddie made with Mel about how to mount them. Is there some special trick to get the tire on? No matter what I tried I could not get the wheel onto the tire.

Moochie

Attempted to mount up the Beadlocks last night. I watched the video that Eddie made with Mel about how to mount them. Is there some special trick to get the tire on? No matter what I tried I could not get the wheel onto the tire.

I go to Discount Tire and have them put the wheel into the tire.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Did you use some lube on the tire and rim? I had to fight more with cozdudes mud graplers than my trails but it wasnt too bad. I did however try it the wrong way at first and had myself stumped till I flipped the wheel around and it fit right in.

Top Bottom