EZ-E Build Thread

EZ-E

Been on the forum for a few months now; Figured now is as good of time as any to start a build thread.

Since I'm going on the JKX in September this will help me track my progress thus far and into the future...and force me to take pictures since I am terrible at doing so.

Background: Bought an '06 LJ while I was stationed in Japan. Had it for about a year after I got home and then found out my wife was pregnant. Seemed like a good excuse to upgrade to a JKU.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435155239.411725.jpg

Found a forum member who was looking to down-size and agreed on a trade. He was in Cali, I was in Missouri. We both met halfway in NM. 13hr drive one way; looked the rigs over, traded keys and titles and drove 13hrs back to Missouri.

This is what it looked like when I got it:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435155351.518813.jpg

It already had lockers, lift and armor and most of the good stuff already done to it.

Since then I have added the following:

-PSC Hydro Assist System
-4.88 Gears
-37 Cooper STTs
-Gas Tank Skid
-AFE CAI
-Dynomax Rock Crawler Exhaust
-and a few other odds and ends.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435155521.770691.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435155565.479580.jpg

As it sits now:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435155828.037850.jpg

Don't have too many other pictures, as stated: I'm bad at remembering to take pictures.

Going forward, adding these before the JKX:

-Evo Rock Skins
-Rigid LEDs on the rear bumper
-RH4x4 Cage
-other odds and ends

Basically just going through the whole Jeep to make sure everything is looking good.

Thanks for looking!

-Erik

big dr

Good lookin rig!:thumb: We will see if it is still that clean after JKX,, you lucky bastard!!:bleh:

EZ-E

Good lookin rig!:thumb: We will see if it is still that clean after JKX,, you lucky bastard!!:bleh:

Thanks man. It looks clean in the picture from far away. It's got it's fair share of dents and dings already. Along with a good amount of pin-striping. I have a feeling the JKX will add to them all.

EZ-E

Well I took advantage of NR4x4's sale this weekend and ordered all the stuff for my Jeep.

Ordered:

-RH4x4 Sport Cage/Rear Center Bar
-Tan Trasharoo
-Rigid Dually White Floods
-Rigid Dually Amber Covers
-Poison Spyder Fire Extinguisher Holder
-Evo Aluminum Rock Skins
-Replacement Synergy Tie Rod Ends
-ATX Chamber Pro II Beadlocks

Other things I will be picking up soon:

-Fire Extinguisher
-Spare 1310 Joint
-Spare 1350 Joint
-Rock Lights off of Amazon
-Rocker Switches for the lights

Just need to figure out where I want to mount the Rocker Switches for the rock lights and rear dust lights.

Once the parts show up, construction will begin...

EZ-E

Went out wheeling today. Ended up finding some weak spots...

Where did that come from?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436222203.586865.jpg

Front G2 Shaft U-joint blown.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436222248.579342.jpg

Stub shaft got ruined in the process. Think the inner shaft is salvageable.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436222327.969790.jpg

Big issue: completely peeled my synergy bolt-on bracket off of my axle with the hydro assist. It was welded as well. Too much force I guess. I have a weld on bracket that will be going on now...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436222358.809943.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436222763.673901.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Went out wheeling today. Ended up finding some weak spots...

Where did that come from?
View attachment 152374

Front G2 Shaft U-joint blown.
View attachment 152375

Stub shaft got ruined in the process. Think the inner shaft is salvageable.
View attachment 152376

Big issue: completely peeled my synergy bolt-on bracket off of my axle with the hydro assist. It was welded as well. Too much force I guess. I have a weld on bracket that will be going on now...
View attachment 152377
View attachment 152379

Any pics from the front...I'd like to see how deep that ghost hole is lol

EZ-E

Couldn't have hit it any worse. 4 ft either to the right or left and I would've missed it. Grass was covering it up. It was a washout that was a solid 6-8ft deep on the drivers side. Didn't get a good pic because of the lighting. The drivers side front tire was free-spinning and completely off the ground. I was high-centered.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436224741.662367.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436224774.948834.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Couldn't have hit it any worse. 4 ft either to the right or left and I would've missed it. Grass was covering it up. It was a washout that was a solid 6-8ft deep on the drivers side. Didn't get a good pic because of the lighting. The drivers side front tire was free-spinning and completely off the ground. I was high-centered.

View attachment 152380
View attachment 152382

Definitely an "oh shit!" moment! Guess it could've been worse.

EZ-E

Definitely an "oh shit!" moment! Guess it could've been worse.

Yea! it was definitely one of those moments. And I suppose; although now I have to pull the whole front axle and weld a new bracket on it and replace the outer stub/u-joint. This occured literally 300 yards from my house in a creek bed at the bottom of my hill.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
That does suck, might have to add a new axle to the grocery list before the JKX ;) Good thing you weren't 300 MILES from your house lol

EZ-E

That does suck, might have to add a new axle to the grocery list before the JKX ;) Good thing you weren't 300 MILES from your house lol

Haha! I wish that was in the cards, but I like being married and having custody of my child. So, I think I'll patch this up and hope it holds!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Haha! I wish that was in the cards, but I like being married and having custody of my child. So, I think I'll patch this up and hope it holds!

Oh I know how that is! I'm sure it'll hold up fine as long as you don't launch it into any 6-8' deep holes, lol

Top Bottom