EZ-E Build Thread

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Pretty much done now. Just have to order up a new passenger side front shaft and the Jeep will be back to 100%. Still waiting on my rockhard rear center bar that was on back order.
View attachment 155137

Looking good man! Now I know what my JK will look like with rock skins, slabs, 37s, aftermarket bumpers, EVO sliders, winch, sport cage, trucklights :cheesy: :cheesy:

We need to get a trip planned to Washita or Moonlight this winter, I know Greg will be on board and you'd be able to fill us in on your experience at the JKX

EZ-E

Looking good man! Now I know what my JK will look like with rock skins, slabs, 37s, aftermarket bumpers, EVO sliders, winch, sport cage, trucklights :cheesy: :cheesy:

We need to get a trip planned to Washita or Moonlight this winter, I know Greg will be on board and you'd be able to fill us in on your experience at the JKX

Thanks brotha. And I'd definitely be in for a winter trip!

EZ-E

Just got the start and end point for the JKX! Obviously can't say where, but it's shaping up to be a great trip! Plus, I still have no idea of the route to get from start to finish. September cannot come soon enough.

sean.m.adams33

Just got the start and end point for the JKX! Obviously can't say where, but it's shaping up to be a great trip! Plus, I still have no idea of the route to get from start to finish. September cannot come soon enough.

Awesome news!!! Can't wait to follow the updates!

JayKay

Caught the Bug

Awesome! So what's the route? :brows: :cheesy:

BlackHawk08jk

I would love to hit a winter trip up with everyone.

EZ-E

We could go to Flatnasty, which is probably 2.5-3 hours east of you. It's near Montauk State Park.

Smorr would be out of the question since they close up Thanksgiving to February

FlatNasty is a good park and its relatively close to me. I'd be down for that.

EZ-E

I'm replacing my busted front shaft. Anyone have a part number for a full circle clip u-joint for the front axleshaft? Or just what size u-joint it is? I don't wanna order the wrong one. Stock spline Rubicon 44 if that matters.

GeckoGlow

Are you running the 5-760X u-joint (typical chromo shaft joint) or the 5-7166X (stock rubi 44 joint)? Either way, I think the bearing caps are the same size for both, 1.188 inch. I found the M30 external rings # 1135326 from Fastenal to be the rings that came with my shafts that use the 5-760X joint.

EZ-E

Are you running the 5-760X u-joint (typical chromo shaft joint) or the 5-7166X (stock rubi 44 joint)? Either way, I think the bearing caps are the same size for both, 1.188 inch. I found the M30 external rings # 1135326 from Fastenal to be the rings that came with my shafts that use the 5-760X joint.

Ok great info man, thanks man. I was running a chromoly G2 shaft. Going with the same again, just not the whole set, going to grab the inner and outer and u joint for the passenger side. So the u joints don't come with full circle clips, you have to order them separate?

GeckoGlow

Ok great info man, thanks man. I was running a chromoly G2 shaft. Going with the same again, just not the whole set, going to grab the inner and outer and u joint for the passenger side. So the u joints don't come with full circle clips, you have to order them separate?

When I bought the Ten Factory shafts, they came with the full clips, but one was missing. Went to Fastenal with a clip and bearing cap and found the M30 rings to be the right size. The english equivalent rings will work too, but the metric rings are slightly thicker. When buying u-joints, they will come with the standard half clips.

EZ-E

Waited three weeks for my rear center bar. Showed up yesterday....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438432380.030505.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438432418.990808.jpg

Correct label on the box, correct hardware bag, wrong part. Irritating.

EZ-E

Update:

Got the correct part in and installed the rear center bar. So cage is all done.

Also, Nitto Tire is very graciously providing me a free set of 37" Trail Grapplers to run for the JKX. So those should be here sometime soon.

Only minor irritation is that I just mounted my other tires on the Chamber Pros 3 weeks ago, so now I get to do it all over again. Butttt, can't complain about getting a free set of tires. And I've never ran Nitto's before so I am excited to put them to the test! 👍

Top Bottom