EZ-E Build Thread

Jtmw

Congrats on your upcoming trip and the chance to test some nittos out. I really like the black and bare look. ORE did a two door stretch a few years back that was the same color scheme and looked really good! They left the rear corners bare as well, added to the effect! I believe it was transformed into the now Orange Crush ADART Jeep. I'm excited to see what unfolds for you! Good luck!

EZ-E

Congrats on your upcoming trip and the chance to test some nittos out. I really like the black and bare look. ORE did a two door stretch a few years back that was the same color scheme and looked really good! They left the rear corners bare as well, added to the effect! I believe it was transformed into the now Orange Crush ADART Jeep. I'm excited to see what unfolds for you! Good luck!

Thanks man! Yea, at some point I'll get the corners as well. I do like the look. We'll see how it holds up in the winter.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Thanks man! Yea, at some point I'll get the corners as well. I do like the look. We'll see how it holds up in the winter.

Jeep looks good! A free set of tires is well worth the aggravation of mounting a new set right after you mounted your STTs:yup: Hope your armor doesn't turn white this winter:grayno: because I think they look better raw :thumb:

EZ-E

Jeep looks good! A free set of tires is well worth the aggravation of mounting a new set right after you mounted your STTs:yup: Hope your armor doesn't turn white this winter:grayno: because I think they look better raw :thumb:

Eek! I hope not! Those things are such a pain to take on and off with all the rtv I put on them and also because I'm scared a nutsert will spin. 😐

EZ-E

Mask them off and spray bomb them I guess...

I have an aluminum tailgate vent cover from RK that I had on all winter. Seems to have held up well. Doesn't get as much exposure as the skins will but I'm cautiously hopeful they'll be good. But yea, if they do start to look nasty that is likely what I'll do.

BlackHawk08jk

Update:

Got the correct part in and installed the rear center bar. So cage is all done.

Also, Nitto Tire is very graciously providing me a free set of 37" Trail Grapplers to run for the JKX. So those should be here sometime soon.

Only minor irritation is that I just mounted my other tires on the Chamber Pros 3 weeks ago, so now I get to do it all over again. Butttt, can't complain about getting a free set of tires. And I've never ran Nitto's before so I am excited to put them to the test! 👍

You will love them I've ran several sets of nittos. Including the trail grapplers. That's and awesome score as well!

EZ-E

You will love them I've ran several sets of nittos. Including the trail grapplers. That's and awesome score as well!

Yea they gave me a choice between those and the mud grapplers. I actually almost chose those after seeing how they did on your rig at SMORR. But I figured I will be doing a bunch of highway driving and the TG have better road manners I'm sure. Definitely got lucky though, they told me they don't really give out sets that often anymore.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Yea they gave me a choice between those and the mud grapplers. I actually almost chose those after seeing how they did on your rig at SMORR. But I figured I will be doing a bunch of highway driving and the TG have better road manners I'm sure. Definitely got lucky though, they told me they don't really give out sets that often anymore.
I'm sure the aluminum skins will be fine as long as you keep them clean :yup: That's still awesome that they gave you a set of tires! I'm sure they wanted to give you a set so it can be advertised in the video, which I hope they get some good footage of your rig :rock:

EZ-E

I'm sure the aluminum skins will be fine as long as you keep them clean :yup: That's still awesome that they gave you a set of tires! I'm sure they wanted to give you a set so it can be advertised in the video, which I hope they get some good footage of your rig :rock:

That's what I'm thinking. And yeah! I hope so too 😁

BlackHawk08jk

You will like the tg I think better than the mg and they do just as well off road as the mg does. They last a lot longer on the highway as well. Not to mention the noise level of the mg.

EZ-E

Ordered a Spicer 5-7166x u-joint off amazon for my replacement G2 Front Axleshaft. Everything I've seen online and on my other shaft said "SPR 5182" stamped onto the body of the joint. However, this new one says "SPR 1411". Anyone know if this will work? I guess if not, I'll find out Wednesday when the replacement shaft gets here. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439738179.854649.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439738211.231147.jpg

EZ-E

Tires showed up today! Thank You Nitto! Love the smell of new tires 😎

Probably get them mounted up sometime this weekend.

My replacement G2 shaft showed up today too. And as luck would have it, the U-Joint fit perfectly. So those 5-7166X U-Joints stamped with SPR 5182 and SPR 1411 will fit into the rubicon shafts. I'll put that in tomorrow or Friday night.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440023190.803728.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440023223.001799.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440023250.536208.jpg

EZ-E

Got the tires mounted. Had to take them for a shakedown. Hit some back roads and then about 60 miles of highway. Surprisingly quieter than the STTs.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440292379.035615.jpg

Top Bottom