Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Awesome run guys! We had a spectacular time! Special thanks to iRonin for leading so many jeeps, and keeping the group organized, and challenged! This was one of the best wheeling trips I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of! I will always be looking forward to more wayalife runs! I made some great friends and I hope to see you guys on the trail LOTS more!

Last edited:

iRonin

wayalife.jpg
In case it doesn't keep the image full size, here's link: https://goo.gl/photos/vKA176pF4sZmLSQY6

I had a hell of a time meeting yall and wheeling this weekend. I sincerely appreciate everyone's patience and positive attitude; for a convoy rolling 18 deep we actually got through a lot, and I also sincerely appreciate folks who helped spot to move things along. I'm pretty tuckered out I'm sure I'll have more to say later but wanted to get the group pic up ASAP - hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Hobolobo

Thanks to everybody who made this run such a success. I met a bunch of great people and learned a lot along the way. Even had some fun with our 2 a.m. fender trimming party! Special thanks to George for taking on leading this group and great spotting and Charlie for helping me get my cb working at least somewhat. Looking forward to the next one. ::cheers::

Exodus 4x4

What a great turnout and a great bunch of people! Really enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks to George for the patience of keeping everyone together throughout the day. That being said....

I've had my eye on a place that isn't as well known and may have potential to offer us the same kind of wheeling we enjoyed this past weekend. It's actually a sister park to Barnwell mountain but probably due to its location it hasn't received as much attention. I'll attach the link so you guys can look through their website. If we go out and donate 8 hours of maintenance we can wheel the next day for free. I'm thinking chainsaws would probably be most of the work.

Look it over and see what you think. If you seem interested let me know and I'll start a thread and organize a run for in the spring. Something like a long weekend where we pull in Thursday night, clean trails on Friday and then wheel it Saturday.

http://www.escondidodraw.org/info_directions.php

I've already spoken to one of the board members out there and they seem very accommodating. We just let them know when we want to go and then they'll show up and let us in.

Hopefully this plan grows some legs and we can get together to make this happen. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!

Angry Aussie

So upset we couldn't make it out! We had doors off, beers iced, camera charged and my buddy and his girl. As we headed down the street to get tacos I noticed my engine light was on. It's never come on before, after we got tacos we stopped to fill up the rig and grab some ice. I looked under the jeep to see my freshly changed royal purple oil was leaking everywhere!!! So we had to head home and figure out my next step. We were so sad we couldn't make it out to meet everyone. Hopefully we can do it again soon. I know I'll be heading out there next weekend or the weekend after that if anyone wants to go hit me up.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
What a great turnout and a great bunch of people! Really enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks to George for the patience of keeping everyone together throughout the day. That being said....

I've had my eye on a place that isn't as well known and may have potential to offer us the same kind of wheeling we enjoyed this past weekend. It's actually a sister park to Barnwell mountain but probably due to its location it hasn't received as much attention. I'll attach the link so you guys can look through their website. If we go out and donate 8 hours of maintenance we can wheel the next day for free. I'm thinking chainsaws would probably be most of the work.

Look it over and see what you think. If you seem interested let me know and I'll start a thread and organize a run for in the spring. Something like a long weekend where we pull in Thursday night, clean trails on Friday and then wheel it Saturday.

I've already spoken to one of the board members out there and they seem very accommodating. We just let them know when we want to go and then they'll show up and let us in.

Hopefully this plan grows some legs and we can get together to make this happen. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!

I would be interested if they supply the chainsaws... I don't own one. And after riding with iRonin, my bank is about to take a pretty big hit... lol

Exodus 4x4

I would be interested if they supply the chainsaws... I don't own one. And after riding with iRonin, my bank is about to take a pretty big hit... lol

Thanks David. I'm just spitballing when I say chainsaws. I'll get more info from the management once I feel like there's enough interest. If it is trail upkeep its not like we all need saws, I'm sure there's a lot of ways to help out. Hopefully it'll be a good place to stretch out that lift your about to throw on!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
A few of us still here. My wife took a lot of pics. I'll go through them and post them when we get home Sunday. No night run for us...just keeping warn by the fire with the misses and Zero. BTW dave, Zero misses his two new friends and the other GSD, Lexi, here. He's been looking around for the 3. Lol

Fluffy misses zero a lot too! We need to get together with dogs at the dog park sometime !

I would be down! I'm glad they all got along so well! Awesome sauce!

iRonin

This looks pretty cool; never heard of it! If you're looking at spring my only recommendation is to plan around stuff like EJS and whatnot. Count me in!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
It was great to see a nice turnout of Wayalifers. I and my companions had a blast. Thanks iRonin for keeping the trip going, leading, and spotting everyone. Hopefully everyone enjoyed the trip. sadly i did not take any photos this time.

Bluebonnet cafe is supposed to be a great place to visit if you guys need food in the morning...it's near marble falls

Funny thing is we stayed at marble falls and were looking for a place to eat and stumbled across a cafe looking restaurant. Sure enough, it was this place and i loved the service. The food was pretty delicious and their fudge pie was awesome!

tdougherty81

It was great to see a nice turnout of Wayalifers. I and my companions had a blast. Thanks iRonin for keeping the trip going, leading, and spotting everyone. Hopefully everyone enjoyed the trip. sadly i did not take any photos this time.

Funny thing is we stayed at marble falls and were looking for a place to eat and stumbled across a cafe looking restaurant. Sure enough, it was this place and i loved the service. The food was pretty delicious and their fudge pie was awesome!

I went coconut creme pie.

tdougherty81

Some pics, have more on the camera I'll transfer latter.

Attachments

• 1443994070459.jpg
    1443994070459.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 75
  • 1443994086043.jpg
    1443994086043.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 1443994106088.jpg
    1443994106088.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 1443994130698.jpg
    1443994130698.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 1443994145977.jpg
    1443994145977.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 1443994162446.jpg
    1443994162446.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 72

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
With everyone posting pics, I figured I would throw in A few we took. My fiancé will be with me on the next run, and she is a MUCH better photographer

Attachments

• 1443994291220.jpg
    1443994291220.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 81
  • 1443994317809.jpg
    1443994317809.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 1443994368498.jpg
    1443994368498.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 1443994384030.jpg
    1443994384030.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 80

Exodus 4x4

This looks pretty cool; never heard of it! If you're looking at spring my only recommendation is to plan around stuff like EJS and whatnot. Count me in!

Yeah I already took that into consideration so I'm thinking sometime in March. I wanted to run out to EJS but my wife will be very pregnant around then so I'll have to settle for local trails in case something happens. When I start the thread I'll add you and Dwiggles.

BobbyGTX

Yeah I already took that into consideration so I'm thinking sometime in March. I wanted to run out to EJS but my wife will be very pregnant around then so I'll have to settle for local trails in case something happens. When I start the thread I'll add you and Dwiggles.

You can count me in too!

SlowCreeper

I rode with Hobolobo. My name is Clayton. I had a great time with a great group of people. I can't wait to get my rig so I can learn everything yal are willing to teach me. The 2am fender trimming party was fun! Special thanks to George for being such a good leader! I can not wait until next year. I will most definitely have my own rig! Thank you everyone for being so cool!

Top Bottom