Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Hi Hinrichs. I like the brackets you have for your cubes. Which ones are those?

I think rugged ridge. I plan to replace them soon for a different pair. Nothing wrong with them, but dont need the extra adjustablilty for just running the cubes that these offer. They are made to run any light easily.

WJCO

Meme King
Why did you switch lights? And what Rigids were those? I'm getting ready to install pillar lights and actually was looking at some Rigid D2 Hyperspots maybe. Any pros/cons for either of those sets on your rig?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Main reason for the switch, is the rigids were flood pattern, not spot. Angled out a-lot they kind of worked, but not good for that high up. I went inspired again since I am happy with the light bar, and they were about at the limit I would spend on a real companys lights. I never had an issue with the rigid, and I will run them on the carrier again, but just couldnt justify spending that kind of money again.

WJCO

Meme King
Main reason for the switch, is the rigids were flood pattern, not spot. Angled out a-lot they kind of worked, but not good for that high up. I went inspired again since I am happy with the light bar, and they were about at the limit I would spend on a real companys lights. I never had an issue with the rigid, and I will run them on the carrier again, but just couldnt justify spending that kind of money again.

I hear you there. How do you like the distance on the new lights? Their website specs are way impressive. I'm definitely getting spots no matter what, because my light bar already takes care of the flood. I may look in to these IE lights, they are reasonably priced for what they are.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I hear you there. How do you like the distance on the new lights? Their website specs are way impressive. I'm definitely getting spots no matter what, because my light bar already takes care of the flood. I may look in to these IE lights, they are reasonably priced for what they are.

They seem good, hard to tell tho for sure cuz once you go amber it makes them look a lot different.

So this morning, noticed the center of the top at the windshield was leaking, need to figure that out later today when the rain stops. I have a feeling I will either be grinding the panels to fit better with the cage, or just going to a soft top.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So Im trying to decide between a factory 2014 Premium Top thats just been in storage and never opened for 1300, going to work the guy down.....or a Trektop NX twill which is 1300 or maybe a little better from my friend. I keep thinking about just trimming the hardtop a little to make it fit better.....but I know how people are if I go to sell it, that will be an issue.

JeepDrum

Is it definitely leaking because of the cage? My gf has a stock 2012 JKU with a hard top and hers leaks right where the freedom panels come together at the windshield. It seems to help if we loosen the bolts in the sound bar. I have no idea what your clearance is like with the cage, but I wouldn't want to see you break out the grinder if it's maybe a simple solution.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Is it definitely leaking because of the cage? My gf has a stock 2012 JKU with a hard top and hers leaks right where the freedom panels come together at the windshield. It seems to help if we loosen the bolts in the sound bar. I have no idea what your clearance is like with the cage, but I wouldn't want to see you break out the grinder if it's maybe a simple solution.

I feel its partly due to the cage, since they tell you in the install video about trimming it slightly due to the bolts and clamps. I had had the front panels off a few times, and back on with no leaks whatsoever, untill the cage was added. You can also tell the fitment is not the same as it was just by looking at it.

JeepDrum

I feel its partly due to the cage, since they tell you in the install video about trimming it slightly due to the bolts and clamps. I had had the front panels off a few times, and back on with no leaks whatsoever, untill the cage was added. You can also tell the fitment is not the same as it was just by looking at it.
Oh OK. That makes sense

scull20

So Im trying to decide between a factory 2014 Premium Top thats just been in storage and never opened for 1300, going to work the guy down.....or a Trektop NX twill which is 1300 or maybe a little better from my friend. I keep thinking about just trimming the hardtop a little to make it fit better.....but I know how people are if I go to sell it, that will be an issue.

I got a 2014 premium top from one of the guys here on the forum for $1000...there's also of course deals that come up on Craigslist now and then from people who don't know what they have and you can get the premium for the price of a standard top. Either way, hopefully you can get the price down from $1300 if you go that route.

uberc4

$1300 is a little steep. The average I saw was about $1000-1200. But don't buy the OEM one brand new, they are $1800. [emoji52]

I was thinking about getting the Sport Cage, but the filament issue has me worried now with the Hardtop. I wonder if it's possible to move the bolt holes horizontally vs them being vertical so it doesn't interfere with the Hardtop?

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I got a 2014 premium top from one of the guys here on the forum for $1000...there's also of course deals that come up on Craigslist now and then from people who don't know what they have and you can get the premium for the price of a standard top. Either way, hopefully you can get the price down from $1300 if you go that route.

I think I am just going to go with a Twill Trektop NX, I dont drop the top enough seeing an OEM being worth it right now.

$1300 is a little steep. The average I saw was about $1000-1200. But don't buy the OEM one brand new, they are $1800. [emoji52]

I was thinking about getting the Sport Cage, but the filament issue has me worried now with the Hardtop. I wonder if it's possible to move the bolt holes horizontally vs them being vertical so it doesn't interfere with the Hardtop?

You cant change the way the clamps sit. You could grind the bolts down even more than I did, but then run the risk of not being able to remove them.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Hinrich, do you put anything on like a gasket material or backing before putting on the bracket? I always wonder if that should be done for things like that. Rockers are somewhat different as they are usually there to stay on a Jeep.

The brackets have a small gasket for them which I already had on (brackets have been on for a while). I thought about making a set for the rocker skins like you can get from poison spider, but have yet to take them off.

So.....Just ordered the Twill trektop, tuffy securty deck that does not flip up, and also a under seat lock box. Not that I go topless much, but would like the extra security due to where I work and park sometimes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom