Getting ready to drop some money

dillard09

Bro, you're in Hermosa, that may get you a landscaping refresh haha. Real estate in the South Bay is NUTS.

For reals! Build the Jeep or buy a 2 br / 900 Sq ft condo for a milli, jeep! That's why I'm a renter there cause the wife loves it there. Happy wife happy life! Then she let's me spend some money on the jeep!

An who in the Southbay has a big enough area for landscaping?

Last edited:

swampdog

For reals! Build the Jeep or buy a 2 br / 900 Sq ft condo for a milli, jeep! That's why I'm a renter there cause the wife loves it there. Happy wife happy life! Then she let's me spend some money on the jeep!

An who in the Southbay has a big enough area for landscaping?

Hahaha, so true, how about sidewalk / paver pressure wash?

When I lived there I went to a few houses that had nice yards in PV, but that's about it.

When I lived there I went to a few houses that had nice yards in PV, but that's about it.

I lived in Santa Monica for 4 years. Occasionally, you could fine some yards there. But south of Venice, grass does not exist!

dillard09

The place I have now I have an area about 20'x30' of patio and an area 10'x15' that is fake grass. Haha! No mowing or watering required.

Okay so I got a new quote on just the suspension, tire carrier, and rims/ tires from TrailJeeps. They say that their driveshafts are made locally but no other details and then their 5.13 gears are Revolution Gears. Has anyone heard of these or used the local driveshafts from TrailJeeps or should I just go with Yukon Gears and JE Reel drive shafts? The 1350 driveshafts are $615 each and the gear components all add up to just under $700. Any input is welcomed!

Last edited:

jagrubb99

Okay so I got a new quote on just the suspension, tire carrier, and rims/ tires from TrailJeeps. They say that their driveshafts are made locally but no other details and then their 5.13 gears are Revolution Gears. Has anyone heard of these or used the local driveshafts from TrailJeeps or should I just go with Yukon Gears and JE Reel drive shafts? The 1350 driveshafts are $615 each and the gear components all add up to just under $700. Any input is welcomed!

From everything I've seen from people using Revolution products, they havent had any issues and quality is top notch as they make everything except their gears right here in the US. I do know that all gears are manufactured overseas but on revolution's website, they talk about how they inspect and finalize the manufacturing process on all their ring and pinion sets here in the states. I know cozdude runs their axle shafts and i am pretty sure he also runs their r&p and hasnt had any complaints. Maybe he or somebody else can chime in with more first hand experience. Good luck, sounds like an exciting time for your jeep.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I currently run revolution gears and shafts. All I have to say is that they are so quiet compared to the Yukon gears I had before. As far as driveshafts go I would look at je reel, Adams, or coast

I currently run revolution gears and shafts. All I have to say is that they are so quiet compared to the Yukon gears I had before. As far as driveshafts go I would look at je reel, Adams, or coast

Thanks! I think I'll order them and then get the drive shafts from JE Reel once I get everything installed so I can get the proper measurements!

Soo I ordered things so they will be here next Saturday as I will be out of town all week. My question to you all is, what order should I do everything? I'm thinking.
1. Install lift
2. Weld C gussets and rear track bar
3. Drag link flip
4. Put on tires and rims
5. Take to a shop to re-gear
6. Order drive shafts after I measure

Is this a good order? Also I am going to try to re-gear and get the driveshafts asap... Is there a time constraint that I absolutely need to install those? Or should I just not wheel it too hard until I get it all installed?

swampdog

Yup. Looks good to me. I would do the gussets when the springs are out before you install new springs bc you have more room to move around in there.

USMC Wrangler

Yup. Looks good to me. I would do the gussets when the springs are out before you install new springs bc you have more room to move around in there.

Ahh thanks for the tip!

This is assuming that you are welding the gussets yourself (which takes experience).

I welded my own c gussets at home. I'm no more than a hobbyist welder. Take your time, go slow and have a bucket and rags for cooling after running short beads. (I did about an inch at a time)

I agree with swampdog about the springs. I left mine installed and it would have been easier without them there.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I did mine my self but man plan for it to be a while because switching sides will take some time I had a bucket of water and soaked rags in the water welded an inch at a time then put the cold rag on let it cool then as it cools do the other side and repeat but if you do it like that your ball joints won't over heat.

USMC Wrangler

Yep, what Clifford33 said. I believe total time from setup to cleanup was 8 hrs for me. It was also over 100 degrees the day I did it. So lots of breaks to cool off.

Top Bottom