Getting ready to drop some money

So this question is to all the people that have ordered from TrailJeeps. When you got the status of the order, was the weight a little off? My total weight says 34 pounds and I ordered 5 37" tires + rims, headlights, and suspension....

Mtb275

So this question is to all the people that have ordered from TrailJeeps. When you got the status of the order, was the weight a little off? My total weight says 34 pounds and I ordered 5 37" tires + rims, headlights, and suspension....

It may be coming in different shipments.

swampdog

Make sure that on your tracking page there isn't a clickable link toward the bottom that says "multiple packages in shipment", bc if there is, you click that and it shows you all packages in shipment.

Make sure that on your tracking page there isn't a clickable link toward the bottom that says "multiple packages in shipment", bc if there is, you click that and it shows you all packages in shipment.

Yeah, I couldn't find anything like that so I emailed TrailJeeps and they haven't responded so I guess I'll just have to wait and see haha

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Okay so just about every shop I've called says I should buy new ball joints and install those while they weld on the C gussets. Also they say that it's not going to drive anything like stock.. So my question is, what is it like driving with a 4" lift and 37" tires on the highway (70+ mph) and do I need to get new ball joints? Also what would you guys say is an acceptable price to install 5.13 gears alone and then possibly welding on the C gussets and rear track bar? I've already bought it all so there's no real turning back now haha but I'll enjoy any and all info/ knowledge that'll come my way.

I had my gussets welded on w/o replacing my stock ball joints. Ran 37's on Slabs for about 20K miles before the ball joints were shot. It's just easier for the shop to replace them at the same time. I think they're being lazy and don't want to guarantee they won't fry your stock ball joints.

They're right though, it definitely won't drive like stock on the highway!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

You are definitely getting multiple packages.

There shipping system needs a little work still, but if you call and ask they will be able to tell you what's going on

You are definitely getting multiple packages.

There shipping system needs a little work still, but if you call and ask they will be able to tell you what's going on

Yeahhh, you would think it would be easier for them to ship it all at once on a pallet or something... I'll never understand why they would ship it all separately..

I had my gussets welded on w/o replacing my stock ball joints. Ran 37's on Slabs for about 20K miles before the ball joints were shot. It's just easier for the shop to replace them at the same time. I think they're being lazy and don't want to guarantee they won't fry your stock ball joints.

They're right though, it definitely won't drive like stock on the highway!

Any specific ball joints people prefer?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

I went with Alloy USA I think? They're doing fine and are a heck of a lot better than my old worn out stock joints I can tell you that! Dynatrac are nice because you can rebuild them, but you pay for it. I think as long as you get some you can grease, you'll probably be fine for awhile.

AU Bronc N JK

I welded gussets on with factory ball joints on. Did this with 800 miles on the odometer. Picked up a set of synergy ball joints when I did that bc I figured the stock joints would be trash shortly after.. Now at 21,000 miles, they are showing some wear with 37's. I plan to replace factory with the synergy joints when necessary..

However, when I order my dynatrac pr44/60 combo this fall, I'll be installing dynatrac ball joints to match!

So this question is for all the people that have ordered bigger orders from TrailJeeps. How long did it take for you guys to get all of the things in your order? I placed the order about 2.5 weeks ago and have only gotten about 4-5 things, all being smaller things (springs, programmer, headlights, and gussets). Is this normal and I am just being impatient, or is this the same with just about every company?

Thanks guys! You all have been a great help so far!

Also what seat covers do you guys use? I know smittybuilt get a bad rep but I'm really just looking for something to make the black leather not so hot in the sun. I want them to be durable but they don't need to be bullet proof and being a little water resistant would be nice.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472168771.894510.jpg

Top Bottom