Black Bear Pass... too much hype?

Trail JK

It's more about how beautiful it is, than how technically difficult it is. The first little bit down, was kind of hair raising, to me. It's steep, and doesn't look wide enough for your tires. My wife told me, "If you move over anymore, you'll knock off the mirror!" I said I didn't care, I could but another mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol, shelf roads are nerve racking. I'd hug the wall too. The trail looks gorgeous and I love good scenic route.

Can't wait to do this in September. I've already told my wife, her only job on this trail is to not bother me and take a shit ton of pictures and videos. :cheesy::yup:

mauijim

Hahahaha this video had me laughing so hard [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji38][emoji23] hunny to the right haha good stuff.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Stop !!!!! Stop !!!!! To the right!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I watched that video a few days before I left for Ouray. It had me ROLLING on the floor I was laughing so hard. I'm sure she's a really nice lady, but her accent and the way she kept saying "more to the right!" just had me dying. :cheesy:

black pearl

Hooked
Be sure to take the Alpine Loop. You can stop at Lake City at a cool ice cream parlor, that used to be an old drugstore.

View attachment 242001
View attachment 242002
View attachment 242004
View attachment 242003

That looks amazing ... when it gets closer I'll be posting on here to maybe meet up with some locals planning next year as we have some trips planned out this year already

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
It definitely has pucker factor. If you have fear of heights dont do the driving.
Agree that imogene more technical. Most important that whole area is breathtaking. Love silverton.

DKronk42

I'll be the first to admit I'm far too terrified of heights to do this trail. I have trouble being on the second rung of a ladder. I get that it's iconic, and it's important but I couldn't trust myself to not freeze on the trail.

Top Bottom