Tumbler Begins: '17 JKUR HR

FLA_JKU

Also tonight I finished modding the CB dash mount to hold my ProClips iPhone charging cradle. I may have to bend it a little to clear the Alpine when I install it this weekend. I also hacked an Amazon lightning cable since Apple doesn't make black ones so that when everything is finished with the radio install, the cable doesn't stand out like a sore thumb. The lightning connector on the Amazon cable is too large for the cradle slot which is why I had to mod it and slim it down a bit. I will hide the cable better when I have the dash apart this weekend.

Awesome Jeep man! Could you by chance post the link to this CB mic bracket & the ProClip ? I love this Idea and would like to do it in my Jeep. Do you think you can still drill something up and attach the CB radio mic on the bracket to the right of the phone mount? I am planning on mounting my CB on the passenger side of the dash with the mount that quadratec makes and that would be a good spot for the mic as well. Thank you!!

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Man that push button is so cool.

Thanks!

Awesome Jeep man! Could you by chance post the link to this CB mic bracket & the ProClip ? I love this Idea and would like to do it in my Jeep. Do you think you can still drill something up and attach the CB radio mic on the bracket to the right of the phone mount? I am planning on mounting my CB on the passenger side of the dash with the mount that quadratec makes and that would be a good spot for the mic as well. Thank you!!

Thanks! I got this cheap CB mount off of eBay to make sure the idea was going to work which it did. I didn't want to initially spend $40 to test it only to find it wouldn't work. But I'll be replacing it with the one similar to the one you ordered from Quadratec in hopes that the new mount will vibrate a lot less or not at all. The eBay one is really cheap thin metal and that coupled with the weight of the iPhone 6plus causes the entire assembly to vibrate excessively at all driving speeds when the phone is docked. Here's the link just in case you want a throwaway that's not expensive to mod.

CB mount (eBay)

I've been wondering about the same modification as you for when and if I add the Cobra CB and a way I could still make that work. If I come up with something it'll surely be posted here. But nothing yet.

Here's the link for ProClip. You have to choose the cradle based on your phone model and whether you want to add charge cables or not and other options. Skip the dash mount part since you won't need it.

ProClip USA

Good luck!

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Well a little patience paid off, I sold my Hard Rock rims/tires/tpms sensors locally on Craigslist for $1500 cash. And this morning my 430N radio sold on eBay for $1000. After fees and shipping I should net about $880-900 for it, so a little more $ than seems to be typical. I think I'm gonna get the EVO tire carrier or the PBS/PKE system as soon as our radio transaction is complete. After that I have to take it easy for a while and pay some CCs off and replenish my Jeep fund money.

GraniteCrystal

You got $1500 for stock Hard Rock wheels and BFG mud terrains? Man, that's awesome. I'm still trying to sell my Rubicon wheels with KO2s for $1000

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Yup! I was stunned! even after coming all the way to the house with cash he didn't try and low-ball me at all. He saw them, and their condition (practically brand new) and handed me a bank envelope with 15 $100 bills. As far as I'm concerned, between that and the radio, im about $600 ahead of average $ for those items. Now I gotta sell that 3" Teraflex lift and OEM Rubicon suspension parts.

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I received my used Nissan pigtail for the start button from eBay. Waiting on DGD to get back to me with an estimate to attach the Nissan harness to theirs.

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I also have learned to how to add Auto Temperature Controls to my Jeep for a couple hundred bucks and about 90 mins of time. I've purchased all the parts necessary except the proper OEM control module. But it's a relatively easy mod if you're comfortable with automotive wiring. I'll post pics along with parts info for those interested. It'll be ready by the time I purchase my PBS/PKE system. I know it's far from a necessity much like push button start. I mostly do shit like this out of boredom and to see/learn how different modules work and communicate with each other.

Last edited:

longarmwj

Damn, you're effectively building a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Overland Summit. Find a way to retrofit the UConnect 8.4n and you'll be set :shock:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I installed my 3rd brake light and reverse camera (Alpine) over the weekend. I still need an RCA adapter to get the camera on the appropriate input that turns on the camera screen on the head unit when reverse is engaged. You would think Alpine would include these cheap adapters with their more expensive components like either the head unit or the camera itself so it's all there when needed. :hmm: but I guess that would make too much sense. I also ordered most of the components needed to install a CB for the Rausch Creek trip in April. I didn't order a CB radio yet because I'm undecided between three Cobra models. I'm not going to spend a whole lot on the CB it's between the 75wxst that mounts to the dash handle or a unit that will fit in the center console. I just don't see myself using that often and I want it out of sight when not in use. In the meantime I'll run the coax and install the antenna mount and make a decision on the CB after we return from Pittsburgh this weekend.

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
^^ I haven't actually seen a picture on screen yet since I need that adapter. It the brake light is fine and the aux reverse light is a nice feature. But the mount for it is solid and it's good looking I think.

I also replaced that flimsy CB mount that I modded for my phone to a nicer mount made of thicker stiffer metal. The whole assembly still vibrates slightly when the phone is in the cradle, but overall I'd say it's about a 90% improvement.

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Little detailing for our road trip to Pittsburgh tomorrow. Heading there until Sunday morning. Going to Flyers/Penguins Stadium Series game @ Heinz Field on Saturday night.

IMG_1845.jpg

Top Bottom