Tumbler Begins: '17 JKUR HR

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Looks clean :thumb:

Thanks! I will say since I've had the Jeep coated in ceramic, it's f'ing amazing how the dirt just falls off and it also repels light scratches and swirls. I hit the 1/4 panel at work one day with the equivalent of a semi-dull steak knife and not a mark to be found. Every time they wash it it looks like they did a complete wax job.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I found a new in factory packaging/tinted windows "new in box", premium twill soft top during a search on local DE & PA Craigslist.....upon satisfactory inspection the seller wants $900 (the listing was for $1k and I offered $800 so he met me in the middle via phone). It seems fair. I can also turn around and sell my black diamond top for probably $400-500 maybe $600 to get some return funds. Any opinions?

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Seems like the going rate for those tops, I found a few for 750 close to me, I had a hart time finding the diamond which was weird.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
There are several new ones listed but most around here are starting in the $1200-1300 range. I reached out to the two starting at $1000 and this guy has been consistently easy to converse with, the other seller has been hit or miss and a little flaky. Nothing at all on eBay right now for even close to similar $ and this isn't an item I'm willing to deal with shipping under any circumstance for obvious reasons even if I found someone willing to.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
i know youa re trying to sell the soft top but would you be willing to trade it for a trektop? might be able to get more out of it on a sale

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
^ I'm not really a fan of the trek top personally. BUT youre right I may consider it come time for Rausch Creek if you're still open to it. You'll be there right?

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
^^ sorry I misinterpreted what you were asking at first....I'd be totally open to a swap if you haven't found one and I have not sold it locally before Rausch Creek. I'm sure it would be easier for the both of us to find local transactions, but if nothing has transpired by April I can just bring it with me.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
So not totally Jeep or build related but we did drive the Jeep to Pittsburgh :cool:. Round trip is 10-11 hours.What an incredible city.

Here's a few pics.

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

Game night!

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
So I did pick up a twill soft top yesterday. I drove an hour yesterday afternoon to buy the one I posted about earlier in West Chester, PA only to get there and be disappointed to see that the rear window pretty scratched up. He described it as "like new" and only on the Jeep once when they bought it. He was an older gentleman (mid to late 60s) so maybe he couldn't see them. I know they scratch easily, but I could only imagine what it would look like in a year or two if this was the starting point....So I passed. That was the closest one in all of Delaware and parts of PA I was willing to drive to. So in a last ditch effort, I checked the Maryland "eastern shore" section of Craigslist and stumbled upon a really close Delaware listing (15 mins from my house) only the listing didn't say whether or not the top was twill or black diamond....when I called he wasn't sure which one he had, but he was available for me to stop by and check it out. This one turned out to be the real thing! Brand new twill top with all windows and hardware untouched in box. He had it listed for $1000 and I offered him the $900 I had on me just to be done with it. He took it. now I'll be ready for the nice weather starting next month. :wings:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So not totally Jeep or build related but we did drive the Jeep to Pittsburgh :cool:. Round trip is 10-11 hours.What an incredible city.

Here's a few pics.

View attachment 246404

View attachment 246405

View attachment 246408

Game night!

View attachment 246409

View attachment 246410

View attachment 246411

View attachment 246412

View attachment 246413

View attachment 246414

View attachment 246415

View attachment 246416
So jealous you went to the game!!! Good game but hard to watch the flyers lose.
So I did pick up a twill soft top yesterday. I drove an hour yesterday afternoon to buy the one I posted about earlier in West Chester, PA only to get there and be disappointed to see that the rear window pretty scratched up. He described it as "like new" and only on the Jeep once when they bought it. He was an older gentleman (mid to late 60s) so maybe he couldn't see them. I know they scratch easily, but I could only imagine what it would look like in a year or two if this was the starting point....So I passed. That was the closest one in all of Delaware and parts of PA I was willing to drive to. So in a last ditch effort, I checked the Maryland "eastern shore" section of Craigslist and stumbled upon a really close Delaware listing (15 mins from my house) only the listing didn't say whether or not the top was twill or black diamond....when I called he wasn't sure which one he had, but he was available for me to stop by and check it out. This one turned out to be the real thing! Brand new twill top with all windows and hardware untouched in box. He had it listed for $1000 and I offered him the $900 I had on me just to be done with it. He took it. now I'll be ready for the nice weather starting next month. :wings:

Should have let me know you were coming to west chester! I live just outside of town and we could have met up! Glad to see you got a new top tho from someone on the shore

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Well I wasn't even trying and I managed to find a buyer for my black diamond top. Was just shooting the shit with the salesman that sold us my wife's accord while at my Honda account. He mentioned he and his wife just purchased a Sahara and they were looking for a soft top. Told him I was going to list mine soon and it was in pretty decent shape. He asked how much and we agreed on $500. He's coming after it sometime in the next week or so.

Also at another account today, the owner let me use one of his lifts to make it easier to install my Versahitch. Speaking of which....you gotta love Quadratec. When I was in West Chester last Friday, I stopped up there and purchased a wiring harness for my CB radio and ordered what I thought was the Versahitch (I thought I clearly stated that to the girl at the sales counter), they didn't have it in stock and I didn't know the part numbers that were on the receipt. Two days later a regular Quadratec 2" hitch kit receiver shows up. I called in to Quadratec and explained that was expecting a Versahitch, and that I owned some of the responsibility for the mix up for not making sure the correct item was ordered before leaving. He said no problem at all and they would make it right. And they'd even send me a label for return shipping. They didn't charge me the difference and I wound up getting a $160 kit (hitch, wiring harness and plug) for the price of the $85 kit!! That's above and beyond great customer service.

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats on selling the top. And we too share great service stories with quadratec. Just got something today from them ordered a few days ago.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
New Versahitch

IMG_2367.jpg

I was able to free up some funds and ordered the EVO Protek Skids from Quadratec and am placing an order for the EVO Hinged Carrier today. I figured since the Tumbler is due for its first oil change, now would be as good a time as any to install the skids. Hope to get it done this weekend.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Finally got the EVO oil pan skid from Quadratec (they've had a lot of EVO items on BO) over the weekend. Had a lot going on so I had to wait a few extra days to change the oil and do the install. Hoping to get home with enough day light tomorrow to put the other two protek skids on. I'm trying to work only a half day to install my CB radio before leaving for Rausch Creek Friday night.

I also managed to sell my Teraflex lift last weekend locally on Craigslist. What a relief to get rid of it and I didn't take too bad a hit on it and didn't have to ship it anywhere.

5280Sapper

Finally got the EVO oil pan skid from Quadratec (they've had a lot of EVO items on BO) over the weekend. Had a lot going on so I had to wait a few extra days to change the oil and do the install. Hoping to get home with enough day light tomorrow to put the other two protek skids on. I'm trying to work only a half day to install my CB radio before leaving for Rausch Creek Friday night.

I also managed to sell my Teraflex lift last weekend locally on Craigslist. What a relief to get rid of it and I didn't take too bad a hit on it and didn't have to ship it anywhere.

What was wrong with the Teraflex lift?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom