Rubicon Winter Rescue

Ddays

Hooked
Just saw on the weather sites this morning they are expecting another 6-8' of new snow there on top of what they got? Looks like those idiots deserve what they got.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
So they must have come in from the Lake Tahoe side if they are near observation ??

I can see someone thinking they could make it to the observation point. I wouldn't try it though. I've learned my lesson when I tried some Colorado trails in early June and had to turn around due to snowdrifts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

TRLJNKY

They just up the ante on the whole geocashing game. Lets bury Jeep and mark it. I can only imagine the damage those rigs will have.

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

JeepJeep75

Looks like they tried a rescue. There is still a ton of snow up there in places. View attachment 256211

That's pretty impressive the grip that the frozen ground and the surrounding snow has that those three jeeps still couldn't extract the jeep from that hole. ALS impressive is the amount of snow that was removed. Looks like two dump-trucks worth of snow. That took some work there.

Fursphere

I saw that earlier. Not sure what the plan is. Other thing that is mind boggling is how they knew exactly where to dig and were directly on top of the jeep. Little weird to me.

Apparently two guys with ATVs on tracks went in the week before. They had GPS coordinates and used long poles to find the exact spot.

Top Bottom