2013 JKX build from stock to JKX ready

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I did actually ask for advice, it just wasn't on the forum :) I've been talking to Sean at northridge the last few days. I actually had him price out the evo sliders for me and I might go that route. I know the ace sliders aren't the greatest for strength, it'll be a couple weeks before I put in the order and I'm sure I will change my mind on the ace sliders :). Do you have any advice :) I'm definitely open to input.

Before you pull the trigger on Northridge call Trail Jeeps in Boulder, CO and compare pricing. You might be surprised.

UpsideUp

Build questions

Being new to the forum and full of questions...I was curious has to how you picked those parts to install first? Although I wish I had unlimited financial resources, I like most people work on a budget. And from starting from scratch I was curious as to what you felt was the most important improvements? I would love to build a capable wheeler/ daily driver but am only able to fork out the $200-$500 a month for upgrades.
Im sure there are other posts here on such topics, I just stumbled across yours first. lol
It looks like you have a great build going on and envious of the garage full of parts. Cant wait to follow the progress. Cheers!

13JKUR

Being new to the forum and full of questions...I was curious has to how you picked those parts to install first? Although I wish I had unlimited financial resources, I like most people work on a budget. And from starting from scratch I was curious as to what you felt was the most important improvements? I would love to build a capable wheeler/ daily driver but am only able to fork out the $200-$500 a month for upgrades.
Im sure there are other posts here on such topics, I just stumbled across yours first. lol
It looks like you have a great build going on and envious of the garage full of parts. Cant wait to follow the progress. Cheers!

Honestly I'm doing a build based on the JKX requirements so my build is based on that then adding a couple of other things such as arb compressor, rock sliders and new front driveshaft. If it was me personally (depending on the wheeling you do) I would start with a lift and tires first then build off that. However, I went to Moab in may with my stock rubicon and was able to do alot just with that alone. If I were to do it again (Moab with a stock rig) I would add some armor underneath and maybe a winch but the stock rubicon is very capable.

UpsideUp

Thanks for the reply. I know I opened a can of worms with that question and there are a million different opinions on where to start. I have been looking at lift/wheels upgrades and have been saving the pennies, but as soon as I have a few hundred dollars I'm quick to try and fit something that seperates it from all the other pavement queens and grocery getters around these parts. LoL
I figure most off my off roading will be the trails I have seen Wayoflife running in recent picture diaries. Mild to moderate in difficulty, stream crossings, and hopefully dentfree rock crawling with some great views, fishing, friends, and beers thrown in.
So an extreme crawlers isn't on the menu but a tough, well built Jeep that makes my Toyota friends jealous is. :beer:

13JKUR

2 deliveries today, sport cage and hi lift

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372877706.038998.jpg

Just waiting on my switch panel with switches, stubby bumper caps, enforcer lift and evo sliders. Tires and rims are on order then it's time to start the installing!

13JKUR

Small things came today. Daystar switch panel and hi lift jack isolator.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373043955.938036.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373043967.719994.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373043967.719994.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,980

13JKUR

2 weeks from Monday we start the install with my lift, sport cage, chopping fenders, etc etc etc. for now I'm stuck doing small things like this lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373173241.236623.jpg

13JKUR

Well I'm glad you asked because I just realized they were supposed to be these which are American outlaw buckshot.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373927227.833195.jpg

However I don't know now what these are. I haven't seen them in person yet, the guy at discount tire just sent me that pic.

Top Bottom