2015 WAYALIFE Newbie Run / Camping Trip : March 7-8

grndmstrb

Work sucks

Dang this looks like fun. I have had my JK for almost a year and still have not gotten off-road. Mainly because of a 7 month deployment, but now this run comes along and and I have to work on the 7th. I grew up in Lancaster and I was stationed in Ridgecrest for 2 years. I know this area well and it would be fun to finally get some time off-road in my Jeep but I have duty. Enjoy everyone, looking forward to some great pics.

Chris

K.D.C.H

Heading down from Fremont. Was going to leave Friday afternoon and camp out (sleep in jeep).

Fremont isn't that far from me. I'm also planning on leaving Friday afternoon. Thinking I'll probably be leaving Discovery Bay around 1pm. I assume you'd be going 580 to 5 south? Depending on when you plan on leaving we could meet up in Patterson? Let me know

Hopefully you guys will still be awake when I get there so I can have a shot! :yup:

Don't worry, I'll have a "Thanks for all your advice" shot of American Honey waiting for you :D

Quick question... Will we be camping close or far from ransford rd? I might have to leave very early Sunday morning and want to make sure I have enough time to get back to the main rd. I'll be heading to the OC. Do we have to double back though the trail from the campsite?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What are you cooking me for breakfast Sunday

You bring the food and the cooking gear I'll cook whatever. Otherwise I am bringing stuff that does not need to be cooked. I don't want to pack all my camping stuff for one day. Just a tent and your sleeping bag.

Mrs. Irish

You bring the food and the cooking gear I'll cook whatever. Otherwise I am bringing stuff that does not need to be cooked. I don't want to pack all my camping stuff for one day. Just a tent and your sleeping bag.

Heyyyyyyyy now! You're going to have to fight me for the sleeping bag ;)

nelsone

Fremont isn't that far from me. I'm also planning on leaving Friday afternoon. Thinking I'll probably be leaving Discovery Bay around 1pm. I assume you'd be going 580 to 5 south? Depending on when you plan on leaving we could meet up in Patterson? Let me know

Soooo.... I'm relatively new to the area so I'm not sure of much of what you said, but ok. :thumb:
I'm hoping to be on the road by 1 depending on how fast I finish up at work. Google maps is saying 880 to 101 to 5.
Where's Patterson?

K.D.C.H

Soooo.... I'm relatively new to the area so I'm not sure of much of what you said, but ok. :thumb:
I'm hoping to be on the road by 1 depending on how fast I finish up at work. Google maps is saying 880 to 101 to 5.
Where's Patterson?

Yea that is an option but it's more of a drive. I would head through Tracy and then hit 5 south. Here's a picture from my navigation showing the 3 different routes. The route on the left is the one taking 101, shows 6 hours 22 minutes

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425448272.133180.jpg

Patterson is about 25 minutes south of Tracy

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425448358.262347.jpg

DMF

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a SWR Meter that is going on this trip that they can bring? I would be glad to pay anyone for the help since I was going to go to a truck stop anyways to get my CB tune.

Top Bottom