2015 WAYALIFE Newbie Run / Camping Trip : March 7-8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm not gonna make it because Dallas can't handle a little snow!

Argh....

Are you kidding?? What a bummer :grayno:

I had a plan. It looked like it was going to happen. Everyone was enthusiastic.

I was really looking forward to getting Number-2 stepson out on the trail for some fun Jeep experience. He has only had his Jeep on Cleghorn once in the two years he has had his Jeep. I was also hoping to get my bestest friend (wifey) to commit to driving my Jeep for the same reason. Maybe even get Number-1 stepson out as well. He hasn't had his YJ trail dirty in since forever. :D

Not going to happen. Wife just got back from vacation in Hawaii with her cousin Connie and says she needs to take a couple of days to unwind (LOL)? Number-3 stepson pressured the other stepsons into a major clean up of their recently deceased father's house so they can put it on the market. Best laid plans of mice, etc. :doh:

Oh well. I will be having a cold beer while thinking of you all. This is a fun trail and one the new Jeepers will find to their liking. :thumb: :beer:

p.s. Regarding the earlier post mentioning graduation hill; It was night time when I did the hill and I was told to turn off my headlights and charge on up the hill blacked out so I wouldn't hesitate. It worked and I didn't have second thoughts until the second beer that night at camp. :hmm: Was it you, Eddie, that put me up that ? :idontknow:

Well that sucks. I was so hoping you could make it. Please say hello to Susan for us - I'm sure she's just beat from relaxing on the beach and having cocktails :crazyeyes:

I'm just saying..... it snowed pretty much every day in Syracuse, New York when I was a young collegiate and us kids did not miss one damn day of school! Not one damn day I tell ya!

Texas gets a couple inches and you'd think there was a nuclear attack. :rolleyes2:

I feel your pain. New Mexico is the same way - got stuck there for two days over 3" of snow. :rolleyes2:

Anyone planning on bringing their 4 legged friends along?

So long as their friendly, dogs are welcome to join us :yup:

xwaz

I feel your pain. New Mexico is the same way - got stuck there for two days over 3" of snow. :rolleyes2:

Probably a typo but damn Eddy 3 whole inches of snow?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wife just got back from vacation in Hawaii with her cousin Connie and says she needs to take a couple of days to unwind (LOL)?

My wife always schedules the day after we get back from Hawaii off. WTF? You need a vacation from your vacation? :thinking: Oh well, happy wife = happy life. :cheesy:

K.D.C.H

Getting the last couple items installed ready for this weekend. Can't wait for tomorrow to hurry up and get here

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425605200.224590.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425605217.041610.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a typo but damn Eddy 3 whole inches of snow?

Nope, no typo. It literally was a few inches - couldn't have been more than 4"-5" at most as I could still see asphalt where the tires tracks were. The barriers went up and the highway patrol directed us off the highway. In all fairness, I don't think they had any snow removal equipment or something like that. :rolleyes2:

xwaz

Nope, no typo. It literally was a few inches - couldn't have been more than 4"-5" at most as I could still see asphalt where the tires tracks were. The barriers went up and the highway patrol directed us off the highway. In all fairness, I don't think they had any snow removal equipment or something like that. :rolleyes2:

Oh ok I was wondering about that.

mendigo

Hey guys/gals looking to get more familiar with everyone. I just put on the 51"light but I thought I could use an old wire set for them. Let's just say the old wire set has extra parts. Hahaha. Hope to ask questions tomorrow. I'm bringing a bottle or two. A shoot for guidance sounds about right. :) booking room tonight.

Attachments

• 1425605431869.jpg
    1425605431869.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 101

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Okay, the list has been updated!

Regarding gas, Mojave would be the best bet if you're coming up the 14. Johannesburg would be where I would go if you're coming up the 395. Of course, if you're staying in Ridgecrest with us, that would be where to top off.

For those of you who are camping with us, may I please remind you that you NEED TO BRING FIREWOOD.

If any of you will be arriving in Ridgecrest early on Friday night, please let me know as it would be great to hook up for some dinner. :yup:

Just wanted to confirm that myself and SheWhoIsJoshua'sMom will be camping also. Should be a good way to celebrate her birthday!

JK LYF

Okay, the list has been updated!

Regarding gas, Mojave would be the best bet if you're coming up the 14. Johannesburg would be where I would go if you're coming up the 395. Of course, if you're staying in Ridgecrest with us, that would be where to top off.

For those of you who are camping with us, may I please remind you that you NEED TO BRING FIREWOOD.

If any of you will be arriving in Ridgecrest early on Friday night, please let me know as it would be great to hook up for some dinner. :yup:

Should be there about 4-4:30. Anyone else out there plan on staying in Ridgecrest? Dinner sounds like a plan!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Should be there about 4-4:30. Anyone else out there plan on staying in Ridgecrest? Dinner sounds like a plan!

We might be in town around 6:30-7. Dinner would be great. How about the pizza factory at 7:30

Top Bottom