2016 Wayalife End of Summer WINDROCK Run - Official Event Thread

mstraw9379

I would definitely look into a CB. I believe it's a requirement. But definitely a great thing to have. I didn't have one on one of the pre runs and it was a pain.

It's not a requirement for Beginner. I want to meet requirements for intermediate in case I feel confident enough to run one after I do the beginner. That is if I am allowed and time permits.

TennJK

It's not a requirement for Beginner. I want to meet requirements for intermediate in case I feel confident enough to run one after I do the beginner. That is if I am allowed and time permits.

Gotcha. CB wiring is fairly straight forward luckily. I would recommend the cobra 75 just because its handheld. Just a personal preference in case you are looking for one. And I have an antenna mount that you can have if you need! :thumb:

mstraw9379

I think the Cobra 75 is the one I've been looking at. I have nothing and have never installed one before, so this will be interesting.

thardy

Banned
Great. I'll get the stuff I need and bring it with me.
Could you provide me with a list of things I need?

We can absolutely get it taken care of for you. I know I plan on being there no later than 11 Thursday morning to start getting ready and hopefully hit a trail before 1.

If you go with the Cobra 75, I'm pretty sure all you'll need is the CB kit, antenna, antenna mount, and a mount for the handheld unit. I believe Quadratec sells a complete kit, could be wrong though. I've never installed the exact 75 kit, but I'm sure someone will speak up should I be wrong or missing something.

TennJK

Great. I'll get the stuff I need and bring it with me.
Could you provide me with a list of things I need?

Needs:
Cobra 75wx st
I did 18' of coax cable
Whatever length antenna you want. Most do 2' or 3'. I did 2' (Firestik II FS-2BK this is it)
Firestik K-4A Stud with Screw-On Coaxial Termination for Antenna Mirror Mounts

Wants?:
Heavy duty spring (helps keep from breaking antenna in low hanging things)
Quick disconnect (helps with parking in garage)
SWR reader if you plan on tuning
Radio mount for dash

I believe I covered everything. I can link you to it all if you want. I will bring that antenna mount if you would like to have it

thardy

Banned
Needs:
Cobra 75wx st
I did 18' of coax cable
Whatever length antenna you want. Most do 2' or 3'. I did 2' (Firestik II FS-2BK this is it)
Firestik K-4A Stud with Screw-On Coaxial Termination for Antenna Mirror Mounts

Wants?:
Heavy duty spring (helps keep from breaking antenna in low hanging things)
Quick disconnect (helps with parking in garage)
SWR reader if you plan on tuning
Radio mount for dash

I believe I covered everything. I can link you to it all if you want.

Much more specific than mine, well done. You can skip the swr reader if you want. We will have some that can be used, unless you just want one for your own.

Gravedigger11

Why time is everyone looking at getting there on Thursday? Is windrock on eastern or central time? I was considering leaving around 3 pm eastern at first. Kind of want to leave earlier since it is a 6 hour trip for me

thardy

Banned
Why time is everyone looking at getting there on Thursday? Is windrock on eastern or central time? I was considering leaving around 3 pm eastern at first. Kind of want to leave earlier since it is a 6 hour trip for me

It's eastern time. Pretty sure it's fairly scattered time wise. I know I'm getting there before noon, as are a few others. I believe the majority are coming in afternoon to evening.

AU Bronc N JK

How many of you are staying at the park? I'll be sleeping in my enclosed trailer in the RV section. White truck/white trailer/white jeep! Easy to find!

I know some are staying at local hotels (comfort inn, etc). Just curious who will be in the park camping or in a cabin, etc.

thardy

Banned
How many of you are staying at the park? I'll be sleeping in my enclosed trailer in the RV section. White truck/white trailer/white jeep! Easy to find!

I know some are staying at local hotels (comfort inn, etc). Just curious who will be in the park camping or in a cabin, etc.

There are quite a few of us staying in cabins.

TennJK

Ill probably be camping at the campsite. Weather permitting lol

jkwebbie

I'm staying with Trevor and a couple other guys at the cabins, but depending on how drunk I get at night, there's no telling where I might be sleeping...on the porch....my Jeep...someone else's Jeep...trail 15...it could be anywhere lol

Top Bottom