2016 Wayalife End of Summer WINDROCK Run - Official Event Thread

Grubbicon

I'm staying with Trevor and a couple other guys at the cabins, but depending on how drunk I get at night, there's no telling where I might be sleeping...on the porch....my Jeep...someone else's Jeep...trail 15...it could be anywhere lol

Lmao you sounds like Justin Thames [emoji23][emoji23]

kbsvo2go

Hi everyone I live about 30 minutes from Windrock and frequent there often in my Jeep and RZR. I just want to let you all know that Windrock security has been doing alcohol checks on the trails mostly at the trail heads of 2 and P1 and 22 where you have to enter the park. You can have all the alcohol you want in the camping and event area but none is allowed on the trails. They won't confiscate your drink of choice but they won't allow you on the trails either. It's in the park rules and regulations. Don't want to be a buzz kill but it would also suck to make the trek from the camping area to the trail to find out you can't have it.

kbsvo2go

Can you put me down for Saturday as Intermediate and a maybe. I'm currently working out of town and hope to make it home in time to meet you all.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Good lord, I feel like I've been seeing this thread for years. Is this event close to happening? :idontknow:

thardy

Banned
Hi everyone I live about 30 minutes from Windrock and frequent there often in my Jeep and RZR. I just want to let you all know that Windrock security has been doing alcohol checks on the trails mostly at the trail heads of 2 and P1 and 22 where you have to enter the park. You can have all the alcohol you want in the camping and event area but none is allowed on the trails. They won't confiscate your drink of choice but they won't allow you on the trails either. It's in the park rules and regulations. Don't want to be a buzz kill but it would also suck to make the trek from the camping area to the trail to find out you can't have it.

Welcome to Wayalife. Thanks for the reminder. We're aware of the alcohol rules and I always do whatever I can to make sure everyone else in the group is aware of how Windrock treats alcohol on the trails. We definitely keep it off the trail and enjoy ourselves after we get back to camp.

Can you put me down for Saturday as Intermediate and a maybe. I'm currently working out of town and hope to make it home in time to meet you all.

I'll put you down. Hope you can make it.

Good lord, I feel like I've been seeing this thread for years. Is this event close to happening? :idontknow:

Haha, yes we are less than a month out. Would be nice to have some of you west coast guys come join us! :yup:

Gravedigger11

How many of you are staying at the park? I'll be sleeping in my enclosed trailer in the RV section. White truck/white trailer/white jeep! Easy to find!

I know some are staying at local hotels (comfort inn, etc). Just curious who will be in the park camping or in a cabin, etc.

Ill be going the old fashion way of pitching a tent

jkwebbie

We are getting close!! Why don't you and some of your West buds come join us?? We would love to have you!

RebelconJk

How many of you are staying at the park? I'll be sleeping in my enclosed trailer in the RV section. White truck/white trailer/white jeep! Easy to find!

I know some are staying at local hotels (comfort inn, etc). Just curious who will be in the park camping or in a cabin, etc.

My wife and will be camping as well. :thumb:

whytiptoe

So it's confirmed my wife and son is not going. I have cabin 4 next the Trevor which has a futon open to someone who wants to help pay for it.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Trevor,
Ran advanced trail A3 today with a small group. Trail 17 is grooved so deep, 33s will not make it. 35s are dragging diffs very deep. We had to winch 3 jeeps at two points. It's jeepin at its best, but just not sure 33s would be a good idea for this trail, lockers or not.
Just so you know.

thardy

Banned
Trevor,
Ran advanced trail A3 today with a small group. Trail 17 is grooved so deep, 33s will not make it. 35s are dragging diffs very deep. We had to winch 3 jeeps at two points. It's jeepin at its best, but just not sure 33s would be a good idea for this trail, lockers or not.
Just so you know.

Awesome. Sounds like a good time! I don't believe there are anyone folks in the advanced group on 33s. Should be good! Thanks for the update.

How was 72?

Coop

Caught the Bug
Awesome. Sounds like a good time! I don't believe there are anyone folks in the advanced group on 33s. Should be good! Thanks for the update.

How was 72?
Didn't make it to 72. My group was worn out with winching! Poop!

Top Bottom