35s or 37s need some opinions

ESSAYONS12B

Those bronze colored wheels look great on your rig!

Thanks man! I wanted something different other than Black which is nice too. Seemed to be the best paint option. Thinking of adding some weld on bead locks so I'll probably have to repaint yet again lol.

Thanks for your service!

Last edited:

Pig_Pen

Thanks man! I wanted something different other than Black which is nice too. Seemed to be the best paint option. Thinking of adding some weld on bead locks so I'll probably have to repaint yet again lol.

Thanks for your service!

What did you use to paint them? I am looking to ditch the shiny chrome Eagles that came on mine when I bought it and like the option of choosing my color.

Thanks

SteelBadger

Mind if I hi-jack your thread?;)

So, when a lift says fits up to a 35" tire as my 2.5" does, do they mean the actual measured and mounted height of around 33" or actually 35"?

I am re-gearing to 4.56 in my Rubicon, getting c gussets later this summer. I currently have Toyo open country M/Ts 285/75r17 that measure 33" mounted and weigh 71lbs. A 35" tire is not likely to yield much more lift than my current tires.

Would it be possible to run a "small" 37 with my current set up? Something that runs around 35.5" mounted.

I also have a mid-width bumper on the front if that makes any difference.

Rather not lose the stock fenders either if possible.

Thanks

GraniteCrystal

So, when a lift says fits up to a 35" tire as my 2.5" does, do they mean the actual measured and mounted height of around 33" or actually 35"?

I am re-gearing to 4.56 in my Rubicon, getting c gussets later this summer. I currently have Toyo open country M/Ts 285/75r17 that measure 33" mounted and weigh 71lbs. A 35" tire is not likely to yield much more lift than my current tires.

Would it be possible to run a "small" 37 with my current set up? Something that runs around 35.5" mounted.

Thanks

No, forget about measured height completely. Only matters if you're changing how your speedometer calculates speed. If it says it fits a 35“ tire it means what's written on the sidewall of the tire.

SteelBadger

No, forget about measured height completely. Only matters if you're changing how your speedometer calculates speed. If it says it fits a 35“ tire it means what's written on the sidewall of the tire.

Thanks very much for your input.
I guess the 37 dream is on hold for few years lol. :(

H8MUD

...Would it be possible to run a "small" 37 with my current set up? Something that runs around 35.5" mounted...

I'm running a 2.5" lift and running Cooper Discoverer 37x12.5x17 with no problems. I'm also running flat fenders.

Peak

Thanks

A 2.5" lift will fit a 35" tire with stock fenders. Chopping your fenders will give you a lot more clearance. I'm running 37" BFG's on a 2.5" lift with chopped fenders. The BFGs do run smaller but a full size 37" would clear as well. This doesn't matter too much but my 37" BFGs only weigh about 3lbs more than your toyo 33's. Regearing to 4.56's would be pointless in my opinion, I'd go 4.88 or 5.13 since you do have a rubicon. With a mid width bumper you may run into slight rubbing but you should be okay. Just remember to trim the rear pinch seems.

SteelBadger

A 2.5" lift will fit a 35" tire with stock fenders. Chopping your fenders will give you a lot more clearance. I'm running 37" BFG's on a 2.5" lift with chopped fenders. The BFGs do run smaller but a full size 37" would clear as well. This doesn't matter too much but my 37" BFGs only weigh about 3lbs more than your toyo 33's. Regearing to 4.56's would be pointless in my opinion, I'd go 4.88 or 5.13 since you do have a rubicon. With a mid width bumper you may run into slight rubbing but you should be okay. Just remember to trim the rear pinch seems.

Thanks for the input!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
How'd you measure the tyres? I've never seen a 285/70r17 run more than 32" on the vehicle. Most are closer to 31"

I agree. I'm guessing he did the whole ruler at the top and measure from the ruler to the ground thing, which is not the correct way to measure a tire. The brand new 285/70R27s I ran were around 31.5" mounted and with the Jeeps weight on them.

SteelBadger

How'd you measure the tyres? I've never seen a 285/70r17 run more than 32" on the vehicle. Most are closer to 31"

285/75, not 70, which is .5". They were new and likely about 38 psi. These Toyos are on the larger side as far as 285/75 go. I will do a more accurate measurement later but I am sure they are still over 32" even after several k.

SteelBadger

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462329135.829465.jpg

Yup it is under 33". Tried my best to avoid a parallax view. It is at 35 psi. Hot off the highway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom