ARB Twin air compressor

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
No lockers. Just tires. I'm leaning toward the twin because of speed. Wife and kids are tired of waiting in the Jeep for slow air ups with my cheapy compressor. I was going to go with the single because I wanted the portable system, because the twin portable system is really expensive. But the more I'm looking at it, I could still get the fast-ass twin compressor and just hook it on to the vehicle for a decent price. I'm pretty confident I'm going to do it that way.

I run the ARB twin and it's awesome! I did the under the passenger seat mount and no complaints. I plan on plumbing a line to the front and back eventually.
Right now I just leave the door cracked. No complaints from the wife and kids.

WJCO

Meme King
I run the ARB twin and it's awesome! I did the under the passenger seat mount and no complaints. I plan on plumbing a line to the front and back eventually.
Right now I just leave the door cracked. No complaints from the wife and kids.

Cool. Good info. Question: Under the seat did you have to extend power wires from the battery. I'm running power wires back even further, I'm running 25 ft of 2gauge cable from the battery to my rear cargo area and mounting it back there. I just want to make sure the cables don't get too hot. According to ARB amp draw specs, I think I'll be fine, but am still curious how you went about wiring it under the seat as far as the power source.

swampdog

No lockers. Just tires. I'm leaning toward the twin because of speed. Wife and kids are tired of waiting in the Jeep for slow air ups with my cheapy compressor. I was going to go with the single because I wanted the portable system, because the twin portable system is really expensive. But the more I'm looking at it, I could still get the fast-ass twin compressor and just hook it on to the vehicle for a decent price. I'm pretty confident I'm going to do it that way.

If you are only going to be using it for airing up, have you put any thought into a power tank? Would air up tires faster, powers air tools, and has enough umph to re-set a bead on a tire. The draw back is the amount of space it would take up in your WJ.

WJCO

Meme King
If you are only going to be using it for airing up, have you put any thought into a power tank? Would air up tires faster, powers air tools, and has enough umph to re-set a bead on a tire. The draw back is the amount of space it would take up in your WJ.

Want to keep the space. Another reason I didn't go with the twin portable system. It's massive (the box that houses it).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The arb twin is a great system. It fills my 35's in just over a min each. The air compressor pack mentioned is good especially if you need to fill up footballs and bike tires and such as it comes with needle fittings. If you don't need that stuff I suggest just buying the arb gauge and going to a harbor freight or such and just making you own air hose for a lot cheaper.

blackrubi14

Bump. For those of you running the ARB twin compressor. What's a good working hose system for airing up tires? I like the idea of the inline gauge too. Basically if I buy this compressor, what else will I need for airing up tires (fittings/lines/etc)? I want to do it once and do it right. I do not have lockers, and don't plan on lockers.

I bought a quick disconnect kit from ORO to use from the compressor to a quick disconnect , and the ARB for airing up. The ORO quick disconnect can be mounted anywhere, I believe it is intended to be mounted in the cab, however, I mounted mine under the hood on the mount for my compressor and it has worked out great so far. The only thing extra you would need if running this set up would be a gauge, I use the ARB air chuck with built in gauge, there are several on the market, just pick with ever one fits your needs best.

ORO.JPG

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Cool. Good info. Question: Under the seat did you have to extend power wires from the battery. I'm running power wires back even further, I'm running 25 ft of 2gauge cable from the battery to my rear cargo area and mounting it back there. I just want to make sure the cables don't get too hot. According to ARB amp draw specs, I think I'll be fine, but am still curious how you went about wiring it under the seat as far as the power source.

The power wires ARB provided are long enough to reach the battery via the firewall grommet under the battery box. I've never felt the cables get warm. The compressor gets plenty hot so make sure you have plenty airspace around it.

WJCO

Meme King
The arb twin is a great system. It fills my 35's in just over a min each. The air compressor pack mentioned is good especially if you need to fill up footballs and bike tires and such as it comes with needle fittings. If you don't need that stuff I suggest just buying the arb gauge and going to a harbor freight or such and just making you own air hose for a lot cheaper.

Good to know. I already have some of those fittings, so may not be necessary. Thanks.

Gotcha. Then the mountable twin is your best option.

That's what it sounds like. Thanks.

I bought a quick disconnect kit from ORO to use from the compressor to a quick disconnect , and the ARB for airing up. The ORO quick disconnect can be mounted anywhere, I believe it is intended to be mounted in the cab, however, I mounted mine under the hood on the mount for my compressor and it has worked out great so far. The only thing extra you would need if running this set up would be a gauge, I use the ARB air chuck with built in gauge, there are several on the market, just pick with ever one fits your needs best.

I definitely want quick-connect. I assumed the ARB tire inflation kit came with it, but now I guess not. I'll definitely be getting something like this. Does the compressor itself come with any quick-disconnect fittings right on the pump body?

The power wires ARB provided are long enough to reach the battery via the firewall grommet under the battery box. I've never felt the cables get warm. The compressor gets plenty hot so make sure you have plenty airspace around it.

Thanks for the tip. How long would you say the power wires are? I guess I can check the ARB website too.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Good to know. I already have some of those fittings, so may not be necessary. Thanks.

That's what it sounds like. Thanks.

I definitely want quick-connect. I assumed the ARB tire inflation kit came with it, but now I guess not. I'll definitely be getting something like this. Does the compressor itself come with any quick-disconnect fittings right on the pump body?

Yes it does. As you can see I have it mounted on my air tank.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464203416.062942.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Yes it does. As you can see I have it mounted on my air tank.

Sweet. Thanks Coz. The nearest Harbor Freight is about 25 miles from me. So for 35 bucks, I'll probably get the ARB hose kit. Thanks for the DIY suggestion though.

blackrubi14

No, not a quick disconnect, but it does come with a fitting. The ORO kit came with a fitting for the top of the compressor and the quick disconnect.

WJCO

Meme King
No, not a quick disconnect, but it does come with a fitting. The ORO kit came with a fitting for the top of the compressor and the quick disconnect.

Ok. Cool. But the hose still can be removed from the fitting simply right? So it's not always attached? The way it looks I can just use two fingers (no tools) to get the hose off?

WJCO, these are exactly what I was referring to, but Coz went the extra mile and provided links for you. Seems like a pretty swell guy

Cool. Thanks for the links. Those are the two parts I've been looking at. Hopefully I'll have all this going in the next couple of weeks.

blackrubi14

Ok. Cool. But the hose still can be removed from the fitting simply right? So it's not always attached? The way it looks I can just use two fingers (no tools) to get the hose off?

Cool. Thanks for the links. Those are the two parts I've been looking at. Hopefully I'll have all this going in the next couple of weeks.

The hose from the compressor to the quick disconnect, with the ORO fitting, yes.

swampdog

Thanks for all the help guys. Just ordered the twin compressor, hose kit, and gauge.

The seal is so good on the ARB's electrical connections. Honestly, for a OCD dude...it's like sex plugging in those almost air tight connections.

Top Bottom