ARB Twin air compressor

WJCO

Meme King
Heck yea, that'll work!

Have you had a chance to use your compressor yet?

Yep. In the driveway. 295/70R17. Dropped all 4 to 20 psi. Aired all 4 up to 30 psi in under 8 minutes including removing and re-installing valve caps. Love this thing.

Last edited:

Speeddmn

Now in comparison for this vs the 9.5 Warn powerplant?

I plan to get the Zeon 10 or 10s, thinking 10, then save some pennies and get the synthetic line later. Take the 980 bones for the winch, add in the 500 bones for the ARB twin, that is roughly in the ball park of the powerplant...

Either way, I need a new winch, and I need a way to air up some tires. So one item, or two....

WJCO

Meme King
Now in comparison for this vs the 9.5 Warn powerplant?

I plan to get the Zeon 10 or 10s, thinking 10, then save some pennies and get the synthetic line later. Take the 980 bones for the winch, add in the 500 bones for the ARB twin, that is roughly in the ball park of the powerplant...

Either way, I need a new winch, and I need a way to air up some tires. So one item, or two....

I think the Power Plant is more than that isn't it? I remember it being 1700-1800 when I was looking at it. What are the PowerPlant air up times? And can you run tools off the winch without a separate air tank? That would be a benefit as well.

Speeddmn

I think the Power Plant is more than that isn't it? I remember it being 1700-1800 when I was looking at it. What are the PowerPlant air up times? And can you run tools off the winch without a separate air tank? That would be a benefit as well.

I think I've seen it in the 16XX range so at the end of the day a hundred bucks isn't going to hurt me. I know the powerplant comes with the air up stuff, hose, fittings, etc. I haven't even looked at CFM/psi ratings etc, yet. I just know it is a huge (size wise) winch and would block lots of air flow. I am also assuming I would need to buy a hose, plumbing, fittings etc to make the ARB useful? I like the idea of the twin, I really do. A dedicated air source, I don't need it for lockers yet, or maybe ever... I feel as if a tank would come in handy, but at what size, where to mount etc...

WJCO

Meme King
I am also assuming I would need to buy a hose, plumbing, fittings etc to make the ARB useful? I like the idea of the twin, I really do. A dedicated air source, I don't need it for lockers yet, or maybe ever... I feel as if a tank would come in handy, but at what size, where to mount etc...

The compressor is just that, the compressor. The tire kit is about 30-40 bucks and comes with everything you need for air up. Then the inline gauge that I have is separate. But it tells you your pressure why you're filling up. I'm really glad I got it. I was lucky enough to find a guy on ebay selling the tire air-up kit and the gauge together for 60 bucks. The tank isn't really needed unless you're running tools from what I understand. Cool thing about the twin is that with a JK, there are a few companies that make brackets for it already.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
In fill up times the powerplant and arb are comparable. The only downside to the powerplant is that if you want to run air lockers your still going to need to get at least the small arb

Speeddmn

Yeah, I think the twin is the way to go over all. In the end I think it equals the same cost for within a reasonable margin. Looking at the websites the ARB has looks to go up to 150 psi, and 6 CFM. Says to use a tank if using tools rated over 3 cfm. The Warn maxes out at 100 psi and 5 cfm at 90 psi. I'm kinda air compressor dumb, but I know you want more CFM for air tools.

Now adding a tank in the future is a great idea, and I kinda think the stock location of the muffler would be a decent area, I dunno... More on that later, but I think this will be on the short list of items soon.

Speeddmn

Wow. I didn't realize that. Why is the extra compressor required?

Isnt it something about holding pressure? The ARB is or can be always on, were as the Warn needs to be turned on to use. Then again I could be totally wrong, if so that's ok...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow. I didn't realize that. Why is the extra compressor required?

Cause you can't hook up the air locker solenoids onto the powerplant so you need a small compressor to fill the small arb air tank to then hook the air locker lines up to.

In my set up below you can see the small air tank needed to connect the solenoids to.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466108979.370776.jpg .

WJCO

Meme King
Cause you can't hook up the air locker solenoids onto the powerplant so you need a small compressor to fill the small arb air tank to then hook the air locker lines up to.

In my set up below you can see the small air tank needed to connect the solenoids to.

I know what you're talking about now. I saw that in the manual. Wonder if you could plumb that small tank into the power plant some how? Of course you've have to run wires into dash, etc too.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Bump. For those of you running the ARB twin compressor. What's a good working hose system for airing up tires? I like the idea of the inline gauge too. Basically if I buy this compressor, what else will I need for airing up tires (fittings/lines/etc)? I want to do it once and do it right. I do not have lockers, and don't plan on lockers.

Hey bud, take a look at Innovative JK Products. They have a hose system so you can run one air chuck under your passenger and driver side doors and air up all four tires to a set pressure at once. Check them out :thumb:

MattMc

Has anyone done a passenger seat install on one of these? I just got mine delivered, and I'm a bit unsure on the length of the supplied harnesses.

WJCO

Meme King
Hey bud, take a look at Innovative JK Products. They have a hose system so you can run one air chuck under your passenger and driver side doors and air up all four tires to a set pressure at once. Check them out :thumb:

Thanks. I already got it set up with the ARB hose kit.

Has anyone done a passenger seat install on one of these? I just got mine delivered, and I'm a bit unsure on the length of the supplied harnesses.

I think Ddays did one with a CMM bracket. Check his build thread.

Top Bottom