ARB Twin air compressor

MattMc

So, I'm looking at this system in the near future. My question is, 12v or 24v? The specs on both are the same, so I'm assuming this a compatibility thing?

WJCO

Meme King
So, I'm looking at this system in the near future. My question is, 12v or 24v? The specs on both are the same, so I'm assuming this a compatibility thing?

You'll need the 24 if you have dual batteries I assume.

You'll need the 12 if you have one battery. I just checked ARBs site and couldn't find any other usefull info about it.

swampdog

Your jeep is a 12V. It's what I run in mine (you filled up with it!)

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

You'll need the 12 if you have one battery. I just checked ARBs site and couldn't find any other usefull info about it.

You want to match your system voltage so 12v even if you have 2 batteries as they will be wired in parallel. If you go with a 24v version you would need to disconnect your batteries and reconnect in series to use it.

The 24v version is pretty much just for trucks.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Why wouldn't you just buy the 12 volt and run it to one battery? :thinking: Every dual battery setup (USA) I have ever run has been a 12volt system.

MattMc

All you need is the 12v

Your jeep is a 12V. It's what I run in mine (you filled up with it!)

You want to match your system voltage so 12v even if you have 2 batteries as they will be wired in parallel. If you go with a 24v version you would need to disconnect your batteries and reconnect in series to use it.

The 24v version is pretty much just for trucks.

Why wouldn't you just buy the 12 volt and run it to one battery? :thinking: Every dual battery setup (USA) I have ever run has been a 12volt system.

Thanks for the answer everyone. I knew it was probably an easy answer, but I don't electricity very well.

Specific thanks to Swampdog for letting me air up with his. Convinced me that I needed one. ARB should hire that guy!

WJCO

Meme King
My fear with that is that it would advertise what is in there to an opportunist, but I guess most people wouldn't recognize what that is anyways.

I thought about that too. But at the same time, I have a winch, lights, and other crap on the outside of the Jeep. While I do error on the side of caution, I don't want to live in fear either. Plus, our neighbors really watch out for each other too.

swampdog

I thought about that too. But at the same time, I have a winch, lights, and other crap on the outside of the Jeep. While I do error on the side of caution, I don't want to live in fear either. Plus, our neighbors really watch out for each other too.

Cool. I figured you had thought this through, that was just my knee jerk reaction. Congrats on all the upgrades and enjoy the compressor, they are sweet.

WJCO

Meme King
My stats for air up. New ARB twin compressor fills my four 295/70R17 tires from 20 psi to 30 psi in 7 minutes and 39 seconds.

blackrubi14

Compressor looks good, as does all of your Jeep, those fenders are badass looking!

My concern with the hose being mounted there would be it bouncing around and hitting the sidewall and making noise, especially on trials that rock you side to side a lot like Hancock Pass, or even parts of Tincup. Just a thought......

WJCO

Meme King
Compressor looks good, as does all of your Jeep, those fenders are badass looking!

My concern with the hose being mounted there would be it bouncing around and hitting the sidewall and making noise, especially on trials that rock you side to side a lot like Hancock Pass, or even parts of Tincup. Just a thought......

Lol. I thought of that too.

WJCO

Meme King

You were right. Even on-road it moved around too much. I installed a second clamp down lower and it's fixed. And still easy to take out or put away.

Top Bottom