Cobra 29 CB Radio Jeep JK Wrangler Installation Write-Up

Skid_Kid

Anybody tackle this on above the new high speed rearview on a 2013 yet? Going to attempt on Thursday. I will take pictures.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Anybody tackle this on above the new high speed rearview on a 2013 yet? Going to attempt on Thursday. I will take pictures.

Not sure what that mirror is but mine is mounted above my rearview. There is a little bit of room to spare above the mirror and I could probably get it higher if I wanted to. I can take some pictures if you want. I will probably end up making a new mount for it eventually but since it is in I am too lazy to rework it.

Skid_Kid

Not sure what that mirror is but mine is mounted above my rearview. There is a little bit of room to spare above the mirror and I could probably get it higher if I wanted to. I can take some pictures if you want. I will probably end up making a new mount for it eventually but since it is in I am too lazy to rework it.

Adam, here is pics of the 2013 auto dim mirror with reading lamps.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364390113.625955.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364390122.476226.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364390131.426222.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks like it might still fit. Doesn't look much bigger on the top then my mirror. But the whole thing might be bigger. I will measure when I go out to the garage.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
adam, is your rear view "flipped" or are your running it normal to have room for the CB?

andrew -

It wasn't, then it was, now its not. :cheesy: When I was running my first CB I didn't know about flipping it and after I took that CB out I flipped it. Ran it that way for a few weeks and loved it but I couldn't fit the 29 above the mirror with the bracket it came with with the mirror flipped. So now its back to regular.

It wasn't, then it was, now its not. :cheesy: When I was running my first CB I didn't know about flipping it and after I took that CB out I flipped it. Ran it that way for a few weeks and loved it but I couldn't fit the 29 above the mirror with the bracket it came with with the mirror flipped. So now its back to regular.

okay, i figured that there was not the space for a cb up there with it flipped. i am not sure what i need that mirror for anyways since all i can see with it is my kids fighting...

andrew -

Skid_Kid

Does it just hang there???

I guess you could say it kinda hangs there. It bolts to footmans loop for the hard top. I added the foam as not to scratch up the header. Also got some longer screws and added some washers so that it would hang horizontal and not at a upward angle.

texasdave

Cool! I'm looking at a sport cafe so I may just wait and mount mine then.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere in Texas.
Semper Fi!

Top Bottom