Coming up to Speed With Grubbicon

jkwebbie

I ended up ordering a Genright 20gal fuel cell and got a few fittings and 20ft of AN Line. Im sure Ill need some more fittings and possibly more line. As far as axle goes I have decided to at least try it the way it is instead of instantly changing it.

I give it two months until you change it lol

Grubbicon

So close man!! :thumb:

Yup hopefully stuff doesnt keep going how it has been. Apparently those gears a huge pain in the ass. Sean said factory had crush sleeves and these used shims so it was completely starting from scratch instead having a base.

BigPrince

I ended up ordering a Genright 20gal fuel cell and got a few fittings and 20ft of AN Line. Im sure Ill need some more fittings and possibly more line. As far as axle goes I have decided to at least try it the way it is instead of instantly changing it.

Looking forward to seeing this. I almost did the same thing but we were able to get the sterling to clear the stock tank. I did 5 days in Moab with it and it still needs a little more cut but it's close. If it gets worse I'll move to a Genright. Having to do an antirock and outboard my coilovers were the big drivers not to do the genright at the moment for me. Costs just keep adding up.

Some pics of what we cut to clear and some Moab action pics so you know it was tested well.

IMG_0012.JPG

27396574691_d401bf8e00_o.jpg

DSC00397.JPG

Last edited:

Grubbicon

Over past couple of days good bit of work has gotten done. The gears and locker are setup in the rear now and all the brakes are done minus the extended lines because I have no idea where the banjo bolts went so gonna have to get more. The Genright 20gal fuel cell also showed up the other day.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466010807.696960.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466010824.546205.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466010835.664998.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466010846.448810.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466010857.246531.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466010868.255739.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this. I almost did the same thing but we were able to get the sterling to clear the stock tank. I did 5 days in Moab with it and it still needs a little more cut but it's close. If it gets worse I'll move to a Genright. Having to do an antirock and outboard my coilovers were the big drivers not to do the genright at the moment for me. Costs just keep adding up.

Some pics of what we cut to clear and some Moab action pics so you know it was tested well.

IMG_0012.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

Your rig is looking great. The 42s on it is badass.

jkwebbie

IMG_0012.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

How did you get yours to fit? Just beat the shit out of the tank with a hammer?

swampdog

Yep, I see it now. I think I'm gonna try the hammer first and then if that don't work, get another tank and cut it up to make it work

Where do you stand with your tons? Have you started work yet? Excited to see some pics of progress, or pics of them just laying on the gear age floor...#TonEnvy

jkwebbie

Where do you stand with your tons? Have you started work yet? Excited to see some pics of progress, or pics of them just laying on the gear age floor...#TonEnvy

Hahaha actually got the mounts on the sterling cut off the other week and I'm taking the Dana 60 to a shop in Hickory to get the cast cut off and take the knuckles off so I can send them to get high steer put on them. I have he gears and install kits for both axles, just gotta buy the damn ARBs so I can get them installed. Then it'll be brakes, steering, and other small shit and they'll be done.

swampdog

Hahaha actually got the mounts on the sterling cut off the other week and I'm taking the Dana 60 to a shop in Hickory to get the cast cut off and take the knuckles off so I can send them to get high steer put on them. I have he gears and install kits for both axles, just gotta buy the damn ARBs so I can get them installed. Then it'll be brakes, steering, and other small shit and they'll be done.

Nice dude. Cutting / Grinding that cast off would take a ton of time I bet. Dude doing it for a decent price?

jkwebbie

Nice dude. Cutting / Grinding that cast off would take a ton of time I bet. Dude doing it for a decent price?

Oh yea, it took Scott forever it felt like to her the cast off his. But the shop Metalwerx is doing it, I'll probably go there for the gears and locker install

BigPrince

Your rig is looking great. The 42s on it is badass.

Thanks man. Looking forward to seeing yours killing it soon also.

I may be crazy but looks like there is a section that was cut out and new piece put in.

The tank skid and RH skid was cut to fit. As well the fin on the pinion housing was ground almost completely down. We wanted to actually reform the tank in some more but my shop tried to heat up an extra tank we had and reform it and either the tank would not get hot enough to bend or it would melt - no middle point in the temperature so we gave up on that.

Grubbicon

Had a great time wheeling this weekend for a buddies birthday. Still had a great time despite the fact I back flipped my Juggy last night. We had a madram11 camera there and rolling so cant wait to see good quality video of what actually happened. Both my passanger (jkwebbie) and I were fine. The Jeep also took it great minus the hood and half the grille. Stinger did its job and didnt crush the radiator however a couple clips on my electric fan broke off so gonna have to figure out how to remount it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376495.130305.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376503.664019.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376514.279947.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376541.096499.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376551.468897.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376558.970422.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376574.570937.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376593.490892.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376604.925208.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466376614.811492.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom