Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can't wait to see the final install of the cage!

I was trying to find some posts in this thread about your CAI but didn't see much other than when you first put it in. I've been playing with the idea of picking one up lately. So now that you've had it for a while, what do you think of it?

what i think is that it was a pointless mod and a waste of money lol but seriously the only two things its good for is looking cool and sounds cool. if thats all you want it for then i say go and get one. other than that dont waste your money and stock with the stock air cleaner.

JeepDrum

what i think is that it was a pointless mod and a waste of money lol but seriously the only two things its good for is looking cool and sounds cool. if thats all you want it for then i say go and get one. other than that dont waste your money and stock with the stock air cleaner.
Ok, thanks for the honest advice. Have you noticed any adverse affects? Like do you need to clean it a lot, or do you worry about sucking in water? To me, it seems like if an engine was going to get hydrolocked then the stock plastic airbox wouldn't really help much anyway.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok, thanks for the honest advice. Have you noticed any adverse affects? Like do you need to clean it a lot, or do you worry about sucking in water? To me, it seems like if an engine was going to get hydrolocked then the stock plastic airbox wouldn't really help much anyway.

your welcome. i have had it in for almost a year now and it still looks brand new. prob clean it or replace it with a new one soon. as for sucking in water i do worry but i know how deep i can take my jeep before i have to worry about it sucking in water. its the random drop off's in the water that make me worry

jfallon1

Clean rig. The red rings definitely inspired me. Once I get my 60's built and new wheels and tires, I'm for sure looking into color matching rings.

loscann48

Cozdude, its been a while since I've checked in here. The jeep is looking good...Still hoping to do.more with mine, but your old lift is still suiting me just fine!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Cozdude, its been a while since I've checked in here. The jeep is looking good...Still hoping to do.more with mine, but your old lift is still suiting me just fine!

Hey long time no see! Thanks man! Glad to hear your still enjoying it! What's next on your build list?

loscann48

Hey long time no see! Thanks man! Glad to hear your still enjoying it! What's next on your build list?

A money tree! I looking to upgrade wheels and tires, probably 33's or a small 35 (thinking I can get away with that, even though I have 3.21, since I have a manual) replace bumpers, and maybe move to a 3 inch spring lift. All that is on hold until I find a job that pays more than just enough to cover bills.

hbkid22

A money tree! I looking to upgrade wheels and tires, probably 33's or a small 35 (thinking I can get away with that, even though I have 3.21, since I have a manual) replace bumpers, and maybe move to a 3 inch spring lift. All that is on hold until I find a job that pays more than just enough to cover bills.

Not to jump off topic from Coz's build as its a sweet setup (partially jealous!).....But go with 35s. I have a 2009 Sport Manual with 3.21 gears and I am running 35s....Not ideal but since its a manual it is doable. Plus if you can add a superchips or something similar that will help a little as well until you can regear. Thought I would chime in as I am in the same boat as you and it isnt that bad with the manual.

big dr

Good luck with the final install! I am looking forward to seeing it in. The Rock Hard cage is right on the horizon for me.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What's taking so long? Frank already has his done.

J/k.. I'm looking the color on this!

Lol! I will have it done tomorrow night. Had it all the way installed when I realized I forgot to put the cloth back on over both driver and passenger doors. I was so pumped that I forgot it lol. Doing it tomorrow cause I'm tired now lol

Top Bottom