Crash on Black Bear

spinuck

Of course it's easy to say from just observing the video and not being there, but it seems like he had room to stay to the right more and avoid driving up the ledge. like you said, maybe he wasn't paying attention :thinking:

LeighP

Enjoying the view...it only takes a moment for things to go pear shaped.
In the aviation world, this looks like a classic "loss of situational awareness" incident.
Glad they were OK....could have been a lot worse. Heck, even the JK wasn't as badly hurt is you'd expect.

meep97

Is there anyone here who has ran this trail and the Morrison Jeep Trail in WY? Wondering how they compare to each other. I've heard the Morrison Trail is worse.

John82601

That trail and a few others around it are high on my bucket list. Glad nobody got seriously hurt, trails in that area definitely demand respect.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Is there anyone here who has ran this trail and the Morrison Jeep Trail in WY? Wondering how they compare to each other. I've heard the Morrison Trail is worse.

Been wanting to try the Morrison trail, but I hate switch backs like that.

meep97

Been wanting to try the Morrison trail, but I hate switch backs like that.

From watching all the videos on Black Bear I think the Morrison is more narrower and has tighter switch backs.

I ran the Morrison 2 months ago and it wasn't too bad. Definitely not any room to screw up though.

Top Bottom