Crash on Black Bear

Jaydoc1

Enjoying the view...it only takes a moment for things to go pear shaped.
In the aviation world, this looks like a classic "loss of situational awareness" incident.
Glad they were OK....could have been a lot worse. Heck, even the JK wasn't as badly hurt is you'd expect.

He was trying to drive up on the left bank for a good period of time from the video. I personally think he was scared of the drop and just hugged the left so hard he drove right up on it and tipped. That's actually a very common way for people to roll off shelf roads here in Colorado. Inexperience and fear pushes you uphill until you tip right over. A good friend of mine almost did that on Tomichi Pass when he first started Jeeping. Luckily he just slid down back onto the road instead of tipping but he did it three times! Finally figured out that the road was putting him back where it wanted him. He got very lucky that day.

And that JK is STILL there. Not sure how long it will be till they get it off the mountain.

He was trying to drive up on the left bank for a good period of time from the video. I personally think he was scared of the drop and just hugged the left so hard he drove right up on it and tipped. That's actually a very common way for people to roll off shelf roads here in Colorado. Inexperience and fear pushes you uphill until you tip right over. A good friend of mine almost did that on Tomichi Pass when he first started Jeeping. Luckily he just slid down back onto the road instead of tipping but he did it three times! Finally figured out that the road was putting him back where it wanted him. He got very lucky that day.

And that JK is STILL there. Not sure how long it will be till they get it off the mountain.

^^^^ This exactly !! I watched it a number of times and saw he was driving to the left the whole video, so I came to the same conclusion!!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
LOL@ the flat landers.

You wouldn't do well on Saxon Pass above Georgetown then. This is me a few years ago.

That's a cool vid...I ran that trail 5 years ago in my old JK. Super pretty coming down and seeing georgetown from above.

I revived this thread because I just came across the actual video of the roll that started this post...did you guys see this??

Holy shitsky that guy is lucky.

Jackal01

That's a cool vid...I ran that trail 5 years ago in my old JK. Super pretty coming down and seeing georgetown from above.

I revived this thread because I just came across the actual video of the roll that started this post...did you guys see this??

Video was already posted. :bleh:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?20021-Crash-on-Black-Bear&p=375805&viewfull=1#post375805

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?20021-Crash-on-Black-Bear&p=375326&viewfull=1#post375326

The dudes are incredibly lucky to be alive and were able to walk away (goes without saying). Just remarkable.

that my firends is what I like to call losing situational awareness. Glad to hear they are ok, shaken but ok.

EZ-E

I'm looking forward to going to check it out next summer, but damn - crossing my fingers I don't end up like that guy.

Yea, seriously. I'd love to do that trail but my wife would likely have a heart/panic attack.

Top Bottom