Crazy what they are asking!

BBG

Shit!!!! I paid 43,000 for my 10th anniversary .... They are down there raping people with sand paper condoms......smh...:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

iRonin

Of course. That setup is like the soccer mom Jeep of choice. It's got the quiet hardtop, pretty painted fenders, and cushy interior.

My "soccer mom" JKU Sahara hard top was chosen so I could have my choice of lockers and not deal with the electronic disco I would end up hating anyways on a Rubicon..

Sent via Ansible

dglangan

My "soccer mom" JKU Sahara hard top was chosen so I could have my choice of lockers and not deal with the electronic disco I would end up hating anyways on a Rubicon..

Sent via Ansible

Nailed it.:like:

P.S. I love my quiet hard top, and my cushy leather appointed, touchscreen navi having, automatic climate controlled, heated seat interior. It works out beautifully when I'm wheeling.

Armydog

Nailed it.:like:

P.S. I love my quiet hard top, and my cushy leather appointed, touchscreen navi having, automatic climate controlled, heated seat interior. It works out beautifully when I'm wheeling.

Very Nice! I'm not hating on you or your pretty jeep. I am a little jealous of all the comforts and luxury in the new JKs... still love my TJ and really miss my old CJ but can't knock them there nice jeeps.....

Lake jeeper

Hey, I've had several jeep in the past, and I love my pretty jk Sahara, and it's awsome to have my a$& warm on my leather seats in this cold weather were having this year... Don't hate

Sent from somewhere else

tennesseegator

Sent via Ansible

That's cool. I'm not hating on the interior at all. I wish I had it. My point was simply that the Sahara has the features that most non-wheelers would value.

stweasel

Best feature on my Sahara was the price $18,600 with only 8k miles on it..bad part is the only Sahara like features are power windows, 18" wheels, and painted fenders....I want my heated seats and nav (I hate when I'm cold and lost at the mall)

Jorge1004

I just got a 2013 spot 4door new just last years leftover out the door for $30,000 some dealers make me sick

SDG

Caught the Bug
When I was shopping online last week I found a new jeep on the dealer lit for 90k. Let me see if I can find the link.

Keep in mind this was NOT a truck conversion either.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Found it...

17b09c08495537e3d4f5b1aaf16110d0x.jpg

http://www.ocauto.com/new/Jeep/2013...-Mesa-CA-0b4fcb290a0a00645f15f9558e9c9309.htm

Sweet teraflex lift, fox shocks, spod, ps hood loovers and roll cage, etc... sitting on 40's
97e10887583cfa0e4a4b9a51977464f8x.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Local dealership here in town is selling a '14 Sport S with a 4" Zone lift, some kind of black 18" wheel, Warn bumpers, winch, lights, and rails for around 45K. Not too bad of a price if the buyer knows nothing about or doesn't want to build their jeep themselves. Everything is all ready to go, get in it and drive. Sad part is that I paid 28K for my '12 JKUS and have almost the same mods as the one they're selling for a lot less than 45K. Funny thing is that I work at the shop who does the lifts, tires, wheels etc. for them, so I get to see the invoices and know how much they stick it to their customers.

this makes me want to call them and call them idiots for pricing it at that much. they are prob at least 10-15k more then the actual cost of everything

And if you try and buy it with no trade they will likely discount it 10-15k or at least pretty close to it. Dealers need vehicles on their lot with extra markup offered by aftermarket add-ons in order to trade people out of something they are upside down in. These days some people finance for 5 or more years and quickly owe more than what the vehicle is worth, these aftermarket laden high markup vehicles allow them to get people out of their negative equity autos. Keep in mind, they will still be upside down, it simply allows them the ability to trade.

A decade in the auto business MANY years ago has really made me bitter regarding some dealer tricks. Fortunately for the customer, it is a rare instance when someone purchases one of these high markup vehicles without a five figure discount.

Weedwacker

It must have sold because I don't see anything when I click that link...haha

I can't believe someone would have paid that much for mostly MOPAR add-ons. I will swing by the stealership and she if it is still on the lot but I did a search on their web page and came up blank. So I doubt it is still there. If it is I will get pics this time.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Listen, they have their buyer...

1) AEV built Jeeps are probably the only modified Jeeps I'd consider buying off the rack, as would most others, especially those that don't want to build it themselves. Plenty of dealers are charging the same money for cheap sh!t mods, poorly built, etc.

2) Unlike an EVO built Jeep or any other Jeep on the market, the AEV rigs can be financed just like a regular JK, which for a lot of people, is a big plus.

I agree 100% that the price is SUPREMELY inflated, but if someone falls into the #1 or #2 category, it is the only deal in town.

Last edited:
Top Bottom