Crazy what they are asking!

Why is money always an issue with this forum?
Your in America where you have options and the means to make decisions on your own. No one is forcing anyone to buy that vehicle.

I'm sure some here would baulk and say I'm crazy if they knew what my last two Rubicons cost me.

This isn't exactly a cheap hobby (read) lifestyle. The more you pay on your initial investment the better off you'll be and further into your "build" so to speak.

My .02 anyway

Jorge1004

I can't believe someone would have paid that much for mostly MOPAR add-ons. I will swing by the stealership and she if it is still on the lot but I did a search on their web page and came up blank. So I doubt it is still there. If it is I will get pics this time.

I look it up I said the "deal" ends today lol crazy

bbailey

Banned
this makes me want to call them and call them idiots for pricing it at that much. they are prob at least 10-15k more then the actual cost of everything

I dunno, price isn't unreasonable when you factor in $125 to $175 per hour in labor (this isn't a specialty shop, it's a dealership and their hourly rates are insane) to install every single item on that JKU. The build list isn't great but it's also not as bad as many I've seen (I'd ditch the Teraflex suspension personally but there is far worse out there that they could have put on it) but expect the MSRP they list to list everything at FULL RETAIL. Then you get to pay the dealer's hourly rate to prep everything and install it.

As said, there's also room to negotiate on the price built into the MSRP they list.

In DFW we see JKU's listed at those type prices and the upgrades amount to a Pro Comp 4 inch lift, cheep wheels and tires, smittybuilt accessories, and upgraded leather and paint. Now that's a rip off any way you slice it. This one? It looks like it might have actually been built with taking it off road in mind.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Why is money always an issue with this forum?
Your in America where you have options and the means to make decisions on your own. No one is forcing anyone to buy that vehicle.

I'm sure some here would baulk and say I'm crazy if they knew what my last two Rubicons cost me.

This isn't exactly a cheap hobby (read) lifestyle. The more you pay on your initial investment the better off you'll be and further into your "build" so to speak.

My .02 anyway

I don't think anyone has an issue with money, or with spending it on their Jeeps. If they did, they probably wouldn't be on a forum. I think the issue is the relationship between the cost of the parts these dealers install (and the quality of the parts) versus what the dealers set as an asking price.

I've been around a lot of true $60-100k Jeeps. They are generally built with the highest quality suspensions and axles on the market and some have motor swaps...big ticket items that each cost anywhere from $5-15k plus installation. Those kind of upgrades get you up in dollars very fast. But, a $20-25k premium on a garden variety Jeep with some aftermarket bumpers, lights, tires and wheels, and a run of the mill coil lift, is INSANE in my book (especially when they are not premium parts.) It's not about the money, it's about what you get for the money.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not really talking about the OC green Jeep. That has some quality parts on it (with the exception of the lift) and does have the kind of high dollar, high end upgrades that are pricey. I don't think it's a $90k Jeep though...not even close.

Last edited:

warrkill

Found it...

17b09c08495537e3d4f5b1aaf16110d0x.jpg

http://www.ocauto.com/new/Jeep/2013...-Mesa-CA-0b4fcb290a0a00645f15f9558e9c9309.htm

Sweet teraflex lift, fox shocks, spod, ps hood loovers and roll cage, etc... sitting on 40's
97e10887583cfa0e4a4b9a51977464f8x.jpg

Holy Crap:eek: Thats what I pay for my house on a 15yr loan.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think anyone has an issue with money, or with spending it on their Jeeps. If they did, they probably wouldn't be on a forum. I think the issue is the relationship between the cost of the parts these dealers install (and the quality of the parts) versus what the dealers set as an asking price.

Agreed, it's not the spending of money on a Jeep that I have a hard time with, it's how much some of these dealers are asking for especially being that the Jeeps in question have a whole lot of nothing on them. Granted, I don't think they would do it if there wasn't someone out there willing to buy it.

I've been around a lot of true $60-100k Jeeps. They are generally built with the highest quality suspensions and axles on the market and some have motor swaps...big ticket items that each cost anywhere from $5-15k plus installation. Those kind of upgrades get you up in dollars very fast. But, a $20-25k premium on a garden variety Jeep with some aftermarket bumpers, lights, tires and wheels, and a run of the mill coil lift, is INSANE in my book (especially when they are not premium parts.) It's not about the money, it's about what you get for the money.

As is, I both of my JK's have a few dollars in them now but that doesn't even account for how much has been thrown at them over the last 7 years.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not really talking about the OC green Jeep. That has some quality parts on it (with the exception of the lift) and does have the kind of high dollar, high end upgrades that are pricey. I don't think it's a $90k Jeep though...not even close.

I dunno, for $90k out the door, I think I could build a more capable JK. :crazyeyes:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I dunno, for $90k out the door, I think I could build a more capable JK. :crazyeyes:

Oh, I agree and that's why I said I didn't think that Jeep was worth $90. :yup: At least it has some higher quality parts and new axles though. Anyway, maybe someone will give us each $90k for the experiment. That would be fun.:clap2:

I'm just saying. If you don't like the price and or parts, shop elsewhere. Simple as that.

Basically what I'm getting at is... Who cares? No one here is going to buy it anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just saying. If you don't like the price and or parts, shop elsewhere. Simple as that.

Basically what I'm getting at is... Who cares? No one here is going to buy it anyway.

I don't think anyone really cares, more rather, it's just fun to talk about. At least, that's the way I took it :yup:

SDG

Caught the Bug
I don't think anyone really cares, more rather, it's just fun to talk about. At least, that's the way I took it :yup:

Exactly.

Thats why I posted the 90K rig.

I was legitimately shopping for a new jeep and found that and just started laughing. Knowing my ass from a hole in the ground (at least sometimes) I will have a much better jeep than that by the time I am 90 into it.

Firewrangler

Found a used one for sale on my auto trader app on my phone. $70K. Has an LS3 engine swap and a bunch of EVO and Poison Spyder goodies.

Weedwacker

Exactly.

Thats why I posted the 90K rig.

I was legitimately shopping for a new jeep and found that and just started laughing. Knowing my ass from a hole in the ground (at least sometimes) I will have a much better jeep than that by the time I am 90 into it.

Same for me. :thumb:

StrizzyChris

To be fair....as a Jeeper, I care a lot! I make it a personal choice to go out of my way to help other jeepers out. Yes, most of us on here know that this is a complete waste of money and would never buy it. BUT there's a small percentage of members who may not be as well versed in parts and quality of manufacturers. If this post saves any member here from making that mistake and regretting it later, or to learn a bit more about buying a jeep, then I consider it a mission accomplished!

All that being said, I agree that a dealer can do and sell a Jeep for whatever they want. Just like we have the right to shoot up a warning flare :twocents:

Firewrangler

As we were leaving, my wife pointed out a 4 door Rubi. It was all decked out too. Wish I would have noticed before we left. Would love to have seen the sticker on that one.

Back at the dealership today! $58900 for the four door Rubi with all the AEV aftermarket stuff!

DMF

I use to work at a dealership . Dealers aren't dumb. They have crafty salesman that knows the buyer will like the bumper or wheels and they will say, don't worry I can get you that bumper for half the price. And an average buyer will be all over the deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom