darkknight1999's Build thread

Skip the focals and get dynaudio John :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hahaha I need good speakers not awesome speakers... it's a jeep...

Honestly with the PDX amp and Alpine Type-R's, I would probably be happy, but I want 3-ways the front as I prefer the sound that way. I had cheapish Alphasonic 3-ways in my S2000 and they sounded great. We had them over powered but tuned almost perfectly. However I like the sound Focal's produce. Most speakers can sound great with the right power and tune. Although Focal's are overkill and somewhat wasteful... for a jeep... Dyna's would a total waste. Plus I don't want to spend that much ;)

I'm going to try and get the dash pods done before it gets to cold to fiberglass. lol

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Rig is looking great brother, as always. I need to get C gussets done on my rig as well, and balljoints would probably be a good ideal while Im in there. Keep up the great work!

Thanks man!

Hey any interest in coming to Rausch Creek in a couple of weeks? Sept 19, 20, 21?

pvanweelden

Heres a funny story for ya John- i recently tried to give advice to someone who planned on using a jku as a car audio show vehicle :confused:
(John and I both used to compete in sanctioned events)
I said first - dump the wrangler. They refused, they bought a "dragon edition solely for competition purposes. :eek:
So then I suggested they add a capacitor to the power supply, they refused. "I don't believe in capacitors" I said if ever you want to see a first place trophy, let me know, I'll txt ya a pic of one of mine :)

Heres a funny story for ya John- i recently tried to give advice to someone who planned on using a jku as a car audio show vehicle :confused:
(John and I both used to compete in sanctioned events)
I said first - dump the wrangler. They refused, they bought a "dragon edition solely for competition purposes. :eek:
So then I suggested they add a capacitor to the power supply, they refused. "I don't believe in capacitors" I said if ever you want to see a first place trophy, let me know, I'll txt ya a pic of one of mine :)

HAHAHAHAHA that's great!! I love it! A Wrangler in terms of a good vehicle for SQ is almost as good as just placing a speaker on a cookie sheet in the middle of a parking lot. :D

People also forget just how important tuning is... I would see kids spend all this money on product and it sound like complete garbage because they either ran out of money and couldn't pay someone to tune it, or they said they tuned it themselves... those conversations were always fun... lol

JKWrang

Idk. I had an amazing sound system with wicked quality in my 2 dr. Youd be amazed what some Polk Audio woofers and 2 and Audiobahn 10s in a quality enclosure can do. Although. ... I had no trunk room. At all. 2 doors are super tiny lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Idk. I had an amazing sound system with wicked quality in my 2 dr. Youd be amazed what some Polk Audio woofers and 2 and Audiobahn 10s in a quality enclosure can do. Although. ... I had no trunk room. At all. 2 doors are super tiny lol

Oh trust me the final product here will require earplugs... but buying super high end speakers in a vehicle such as a jeep is a waste ;)
But trust me it's gone be awesome!

Do you want my 10s?

That's a very nice offer and thank you for it, however I'm building custom fiberglass pods to house 6" focal subs. I'll be mounting them to the roll bar so they are up and out of the way or boxes for under the seats,

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Thanks man!

Hey any interest in coming to Rausch Creek in a couple of weeks? Sept 19, 20, 21?

Don't think I'll be able to get away from the kids that weekend. :( I am trying to get out to Moab sometime in October/November though, so Im crossing fingers!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
That's a very nice offer and thank you for it, however I'm building custom fiberglass pods to house 6" focal subs. I'll be mounting them to the roll bar so they are up and out of the way or boxes for under the seats,

Wanna make 2 pods for the rollbars? :D

IceKnight

That's not cool... looks like you'll be needing to order again lol

Sent from my C811 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm waiting on the front skid still... It's suppose to be here today... and it better be...
But I have the gas tank and the transfer case skids on.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411057976.625999.jpg

Top Bottom