darkknight1999's Build thread

JKWrang

I think I'm gonna need 37's before I do that! lol I feel like 37's would have made this last trip so much easier. That extra 2" of clearance would make a world of difference.

Absolutely. But then youll want 40s... haha honestly you did great. You didnt get winched out and you trusted your spotter and really, what more could you ask for?

It was fun riding shotgun when you tackled some harder obstacles - would definitely do it again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Absolutely. But then youll want 40s... haha honestly you did great. You didnt get winched out and you trusted your spotter and really, what more could you ask for?

It was fun riding shotgun when you tackled some harder obstacles - would definitely do it again

:cheesy: my wife might notice if I jumped 5" taller! Hahaha

Well I'm glad you jumped in, I got through that with solid encouragement and peer pressure :D haha it was fun and fairly nerve racking for me. All I could think was, I'll bust an axle and not be able to get home. lol

I'll keeping wheeling and keep learning :)

Well it turns out I blew the front passenger shock at RC last weekend... Which is odd since they are brand new.... So that will get fixed up this week or next. But I still need to resolve my vibration issue.........

JKWrang

Damn - that sucks. If they weren't BRAND NEW id say shocktober is here and you could get a sweet deal on some nice Ranchos.

Sorry to hear anout the shock

Damn - that sucks. If they weren't BRAND NEW id say shocktober is here and you could get a sweet deal on some nice Ranchos.

Sorry to hear anout the shock

I'm going to see if I can upgrade my Bilsteins to Fox shocks instead. We'll see what they say.

IceKnight

That's a little concerning. Any discoveries regarding your front locker?

Sent from my C811 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well it turns out I blew the front passenger shock at RC last weekend... Which is odd since they are brand new.... So that will get fixed up this week or next. But I still need to resolve my vibration issue.........

thats really strange :thinking: the only thing i can think of as to why it would be blown is that you dont have the proper bump stop length on that side.

Tha Any discoveries regarding your front locker?

x2 on this! that was really weird how it wasnt locking up for you

KingCopperhead

I'm going to see if I can upgrade my Bilsteins to Fox shocks instead. We'll see what they say.

The Fox shocks are great. I run them on my 2 door. Very comfortable on road, they soak up washboard and faster Offroad type stuff too, very stable.

Sorry to hear that you had some breakage. Rausch will definitely leave a mark on your jeep but it's so much fun!!!

That's a little concerning. Any discoveries regarding your front locker?

We didn't get a chance to work on that last night... Worked on the vibration problem first. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to change my diff cover and have a look at the locker. Hopefully it's just an electrical connection. I can water proof that to fix it. I might even move that connector up into the engine bay just to protect it.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
How bad are the skid plates banged up? Is this vibration constant? Or comes and goes while pressing the gas?

Top Bottom