DIY Spod- Waytekwire

ljvsnyder

Not a strong jeep communtiy around here. If they are in a jk they usually won't even waive. It is a shame on of the aftermarket manufacturers haven't made a switch panel for that spot. I will he heading down to my brother in laws next week and hopefully he can help me. He has almost a full fab shope available to him. Plus he is pretty handy with stuff luke this.

Well I got the Bussman Fuse/Relay box wired up and finished, however I didn't have time to install it yet. Maybe tomorrow...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404181132.385386.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404181146.475297.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404181171.404371.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404181185.428749.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404181200.979472.jpg

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Just to confirm that these metal clips work perfectly with the Daystar 5 switch panel. Have to trim the plastic a bit where the clips slide on, but I just got mine installed in minutes and it won't be falling out any time soon.

Awesome, glad that worked out!

Well I managed to get the switch pod and relay box mounted. Which has me excited, since that means later this week my lights and winch will finally work :D

Then of course I talked to Paul and now I'm thinking I might add a gauge or 2... Thanks a lot Paul LOL :D :p

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404260041.359272.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404260064.148895.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404260080.968935.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404260090.715858.jpg

pvanweelden

That turned out exactly as I expected= absolutely perfect! Good job darkknight!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

rodgerdathug

Well I managed to get the switch pod and relay box mounted. Which has me excited, since that means later this week my lights and winch will finally work :D

Then of course I talked to Paul and now I'm thinking I might add a gauge or 2... Thanks a lot Paul LOL :D :p

View attachment 90140
View attachment 90141
View attachment 90142 View attachment 90143

In the second pic what's that on top of your radio with the clover on it?

Living it one day at a time
Dirty disabled veteran
WAYALIFE mobile app

CZEBJKU

pvanweelden I hope that it is OK that I add this to this thred. I have installed the DIY Spod and added some accesories. One of them is the ARB on board air compressor that was writen up by WAYALIFE. Thank you both for the wite ups!!!!

The ARB compressor comes with a very well made wireing harness and is made to run air lockers. At this time I do not have lockers. So rather than cutting the ARB wireing harness apart or haveing a bunch of extra wires coiled up and bouncing around my engine compartment I put together my own "stand a lone" harness.

This is very simple and not expensive. I think I have about $10 to $15 invested in it.
Parts needed:
1 12v 40/30A spdt relay (supplied with compressor)
4 16ga female connectors
2 10ga female connectors
2 10ga male connectors
2 10ga ring connectors
6ft 10ga red wire (approx)
6ft 10ga black wire (approx)
6ft 16ga black wire (approx)
My Bussman Fuse/Relay box is mounted in my engine compartment. The 16ga wire that connects from the pressure switch to the Bussman Fuse/Relay panel will very in length depending on where your panel is located. The color of the wire is what ever you decide. I used white based on how I wired up my DIY Spod.

This is the rough diagram I drew up.
ARB DIY wireing dia.jpg

Here is a view of the air compressor and relay and presure switch all wired up.
ARB DIY wireing1.jpg

Final note. This is a simple wireing mod that I did in about 2 hours (and one Gin and Tonic) that preserved the ARB wireing harness in new condition for future use. I hope this will help someone else do the same. If you have any questions or need additional pictures I will be happy to do either. Thanks again to Paul and Eddie for their great write ups which led me to this one.

Top Bottom