Do those Monster Masher tires and 12,000lb. winch get you to the supermarket for Wonderbread?

Chris1015

By the way, just because the Canucks suck doesn't mean you should just get all salty. Unless of course, this is you...

The Top Playa Hater of the Year.

Screenshot_20170201-114343.jpg Screenshot_20170201-114400.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

MrEmmDubya

I have to say, They are loud, they are bumpy, they get poor gas mph but dammit, they are fun. It can get me thru the snow, pull my toys, sit up higher than a car and i will eventaully make it look like I want...... There is nuthing more fun than taking the top and doors off and then going for a spin..... Always loved them and now i have one...... Thats why i have a Jeep.

MrEmmDubya

BTW WOLers, i have mostly just read and perused here, but i have learned tons of great stuff on how and what i would like to do to my Mall Crawler..... Just sayin..... Its turned into and addiction doing the research and i would have made some lousey choises had i not joined WOL.

Rocksalt

I have to say, They are loud, they are bumpy, they get poor gas mph but dammit, they are fun. It can get me thru the snow, pull my toys, sit up higher than a car and i will eventaully make it look like I want...... There is nuthing more fun than taking the top and doors off and then going for a spin..... Always loved them and now i have one...... Thats why i have a Jeep.

yup

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zstairlessone

Using 'Google Earth' and looking at some of the locations that some members call home ..... urban areas mostly, lots of pavement, maybe a gravel road now and then ... It begs the question: Do you really need a Jeep? Do those 'Monster Masher' tires and that 12,000lb. winch help you get to the supermarket when you run out of 'Wonderbread' or you need some more 'Canadian Bacon' .... ? If, for example ... you lived in Saukville, Wisconsin, or Darlington, Pennsylvania, would you even need to go 'off-road' at all ? Just wondering ......

Why do you have a brain? You don't use it and certainly don't seem to need it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
:idontknow:....

20170131183137-f14147e2.jpg

Holy crap! I haven't seen a Vons in about 10 years lol. I've been away from home too long!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Just curious as to 'why' someone would outfit any 4x4 vehicle when they aren't living in an area where it's essentially needed.
In the coastal logging industry, a 4x4 truck is a necessity ..... guess we're lucky here with the thousands of miles of logging road, and the wildlife, hunting, etc. just outside the door.
Didn't know that the eastern folks have 'parks' and designated trails to 4wheel drive in ..... do you have to pay/make appointments for these parks ?
As to the many folks that chose to respond, thank you ..... it's been a learning experience.
You may want to 'Google' British Columbia .... anywhere. We have a lot of 'playground' here ......
Will be looking for elk tomorrow .....

Personally I'd like to hear your response as to why you have a jeep. I mean if you're pounding logging roads and hunting, fishing, etc, would a 4 wheel drive truck much better suit your needs? Like this elk hunt you're going on.... are you packing a weeks worth of gear and god willing you get an elk, it's pretty tough to stuff it all in a TJ. Seriously, please enlighten us. If you're actually asking this question and not just trying to be a dick, let us know what your thoughts are.

Heavyhaul07

I know, right ?!

He brings up a good point. I live in a big city right smack in the middle of the USA here in the Denver area. Guess I should have reconsidered and purchased a Prius. I mean, here are some pictures of what we run into in the city on a daily basis.

Here's the local Starbucks:

View attachment 241849

And here's a puddle at HomeDepot that I probably should have tried to avoid:

View attachment 241850

What do you know? A fucking elk right here at Dairy Queen:

View attachment 241851

Local Bed Bath and Beyond:

View attachment 241852

Stop and Go Traffic on the way to work:

View attachment 241853

Here at Hobby Lobby, I almost didn't see the pedestrian:

View attachment 241854

Got a little close to the sidewalk at McDonalds:

View attachment 241855

I may reconsider my decisions, solely based on this thread now.

Lmfao. Spot on

Macarena Man

Personally, I'd like to hear your response as to why you have a Jeep. I mean if you're pounding logging roads and hunting, fishing, etc, would a 4 wheel drive truck much better suit your needs? Like this elk hunt you're going on.... are you packing a weeks worth of gear and God willing you get an elk, it's pretty tough to stuff it all in a TJ. Seriously, please enlighten us. If you're actually asking this question and not just trying to be a dick, let us know what your thoughts are.

Hi Speedy-RCW,
Your response/questions are refreshing .....

Have wanted a TJ for quite some time, found a nice one, and am enjoying it so far. It seems to be a 'hands-on' type of vehicle.
Have two Dodge/Cummins 4x4's ...... one is a work truck with diesel fuel tank, toolbox and other assorted hoses/engine oil/parts, etc.
The other is used regularly on personal stuff on/off road. This includes hunting.
With the winter here, the Roosevelt elk are pushed down into lower elevation 'wintering grounds' ..... along with the elk, come the predators ..... wolf,cougar, and poachers.
The hunting season for elk is closed ....... there are a few of us that are able to monitor some of the elk herds in some of the areas. We have been instrumental in a few convictions of poachers. The elk have a tough time at this time of the year.

I was unaware of what some eastern/mid-western folks have to do/travel to enjoy their off-road vehicles. 'Parks' for this type of off-road enjoyment are not needed where I live, hence my ignorance of their existence .....

Again, have enjoyed your questions .....
As Roy Rogers once said ....... "Happy trails to you ....... "

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hi Speedy-RCW,

Have wanted a TJ for quite some time, found a nice one, and am enjoying it so far. It seems to be a 'hands-on' type of vehicle.
Have two Dodge/Cummins 4x4's ...... one is a work truck with diesel fuel tank, toolbox and other assorted hoses/engine oil/parts, etc.
The other is used regularly on personal stuff on/off road. This includes hunting.
With the winter here, the Roosevelt elk are pushed down into lower elevation 'wintering grounds' ..... along with the elk, come the predators ..... wolf,cougar, and poachers.
The hunting season for elk is closed ....... there are a few of us that are able to monitor some of the elk herds in some of the areas. We have been instrumental in a few convictions of poachers. The elk have a tough time at this time of the year.

I was unaware of what some eastern/mid-western folks have to do/travel to enjoy their off-road vehicles. 'Parks' for this type of off-road enjoyment are not needed where I live, hence my ignorance of their existence .....

So you WANTED a TJ so you got one. Doesn't sound like you absolutely NEED one. But you feel the need to question others for what they WANTED. Doesn't really make sense does it? Sounds like maybe you understand a little better after this thread. Or at least I hope so. Some people here build their shit up and wheel it like they stole it.....others keep it stock and it never sees dirt. But we all have one thing in common....we like Jeeps.

Ddays

Hooked
Hi Speedy-RCW,

:cheesy: Sorry cupcake, not buying this change in tone from your first post to this one. You deliberately poked and now you "enjoyed our questions"? Good avatar for you BTW. Very fitting taking into account the schizophrenic tones of your posts.

Top Bottom