Dubaibentzen's build of Polar Bear

Dubaibentzen

Decided to make finally a build thread.

Since I am from the cold Denmark and live in Dubai, I thought it would be fun to name my 2 Door "Polar Bear". My kids love polar bears and since its white, there was no doubt about the nickname.

My passion for Jeeps started 5 years ago when I got my first 04 TJ. Then followed a 09 JKU with a RIPP Supercharger. I sold it since it couldn't cope with the heat. I should have kept all the EVO stuff I had shipped over here from the US.

Fast forward to Feb 2015, I found my current 2 door JK Rubicon in Jeep showroom Dubai. Slightly used 2014 Atomatic model with a great discount because it had only approximately 1000 kilometers on it. Gear ratio 4.10. Basic interior, no leather. Great condition and most importantly never been to the desert.
IMG_9429.jpg IMG_9430.jpg

Build plan:

37" tyres on ATX beadlocks, 3" Enforcer lift kit. EVO aluminum bumper and rear fascia to keep the weight down.
Haven't decided on tire carrier yet. I had the EVO tire carrier on my last 09 JKU, but the shipping costs may delay this a bit. I also want 2.5 king shocks but might start with Rancho 9000XL. Winch, Powertank and more goodies eventually. And off course a huge polar bear decal. Still looking a different designs...

Dubaibentzen

First mod:
I asked Jeep showroom to put on the Mopar 10th Aniversary hood with red Rubicon letters. I think it looks good and it might help to keep the temp down. Not much, but anything helps in this region.
IMG_9433.jpg IMG_9545.jpg

Dubaibentzen

Mpac fold down molle panel from Springtail Solutions.
IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0350.jpg
Now I just have to figure out what bags and other stuff to put on there..:hmm:

Dubaibentzen

I found some used half doors and I thought it would be nice to be able to swap between full and half. They were pretty beat up, so they are going to need to touching up. I figured that since I am going to get them painted, it doesn't matter about the scratches.
IMG_0672.JPG IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0674.JPG

Dubaibentzen

I was a bit concerned about the color match on the half doors, but the painter suggested I left a piece of my Jeep, so he could match it perfectly. He told me to leave this part behind and come back 2 days later.
d8e014cd604265bc0139e3b8bc41767f.jpg
Ok, here we go.
aae8e5b30a28588962d27f1de383a451.jpg

Dubaibentzen

Ok. Finally done. Got an extra (correct) hinge for the passenger side and got some aftermarket electric mirrors. I just dont know how to hook up the electrics since the attachments are different than my '14 door electric socket. Any ideas?
Also they cant lock, but I figured that since the Jeep will be open with the half doors, thats not an urgent issue. Something for the to-do list... :thinking:
IMG_1230.jpg IMG_1232.jpg

Dubaibentzen

Started to get a few molle bags for the rear panel. Got a first aid bag and one for axe and trifold shovel. Not sure if I want all of them to be the same color eventually, but it works for now. Was also thinking about those quickfists for a few items, but I think I want everything to be closed as the sand gets everywhere. Like EVERYWHERE :eek:
IMG_0895.jpg IMG_0893.jpg

Dubaibentzen

Next was a Powertank PT10. No shops sell them in Dubai and I could not get the rollbar clamps. So I decided to get it fixed to the floor and the frame. A few nutserts helped and a homemade piece of wood to lift the bracket about an inch.
IMG_1592.jpg IMG_1593.jpg View attachment 171364

JKCRWLR

Polar Bear is looking good! :thumb: The Slabs will look killer too.
Are there many lifted Jeeps in Dubai? With the money there I would think there has to be some pretty crazy rides.
Keep up with the good work and updates.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great looking rig! I love the 10 anniversary hood! If you want more air flow out of it take the plastic pieces out and cut the slots open. This will allow the heat to escape.

Top Bottom