Dubaibentzen's build of Polar Bear

Dubaibentzen

Polar Bear is looking good! :thumb: The Slabs will look killer too.
Are there many lifted Jeeps in Dubai? With the money there I would think there has to be some pretty crazy rides.
Keep up with the good work and updates.

Thanks. Yes there's a lot of lifted Jeeps. Most seem to stick with around 2" lift and 35" tires. It's very rare to see more lift and bigger tires. The UAE nationals with lots of cash seem to prefer Mercedes G55 and G63. And there's quite a few Hummers as well.

Dubaibentzen

Great looking rig! I love the 10 anniversary hood! If you want more air flow out of it take the plastic pieces out and cut the slots open. This will allow the heat to escape.

Thanks Cozdude. I like the tip about the hood. I will definitely do that.

Dubaibentzen

Picked up 4 used Discoverer Cooper STT 33x12.5x17. Not in the best condition, but cheap. And it will let me mount the ATX wheels until I get my Enforcer kit ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446109664.243250.jpg

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446112460.521578.jpg Goodies started to arrive. Ordered EVO 3" Enforcer with 37" tire clearance. Draglink flipkit. EVO aluminum front bumper and rear fascia. Just missing rear bolt on D-rings, coming in a few days.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Great build so far, makes me miss my white 2 door. Also I can say I have never seen those uppers before :thumb:

If you want the doors to lock and have heated mirrors like your fulls doors, you will have to order a power door wiring kit which will come with the electronic locks and all wiring you need, you just wont hook up the window wires. Last time I looked the kit was around $300 or so for both doors.

Dubaibentzen

Great build so far, makes me miss my white 2 door. Also I can say I have never seen those uppers before :thumb:

If you want the doors to lock and have heated mirrors like your fulls doors, you will have to order a power door wiring kit which will come with the electronic locks and all wiring you need, you just wont hook up the window wires. Last time I looked the kit was around $300 or so for both doors.

Thanks Hinrichs.
I have followed your 2 door build and also the latest Hinrichs 2.0. Really awesome. :rock:
It would be nice to be able to lock my half doors. Another thing for the to-do list.. Where did you buy the power door wiring kit?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You can easily have a dealer re-key the locks for your half doors so you can use the key. It ended up being free for me cuz of waiting for the little chrome caps but it only takes them 30 min or so and you need to take your key along.

This I the first I found on eBay, but some sites sell this as a kit, I think maybe justforjeeps.com had it or something. I never concerted mine to power like I wanted, but did have the locks re-keyed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121346...7290-0%26rvr_id%3D920262327094&chn=ps&lpid=82

Dubaibentzen

You can easily have a dealer re-key the locks for your half doors so you can use the key. It ended up being free for me cuz of waiting for the little chrome caps but it only takes them 30 min or so and you need to take your key along.

This I the first I found on eBay, but some sites sell this as a kit, I think maybe justforjeeps.com had it or something. I never concerted mine to power like I wanted, but did have the locks re-keyed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121346...7290-0%26rvr_id%3D920262327094&chn=ps&lpid=82

Good to know. I might just start with the re-key, and then get the power kit later. Saving money for shocks at the moment.

Dubaibentzen

2 done. Phew! Front is now on jack stands. It does take quite some time to do all those bolts.. Waiting to tomorrow to do the next 2 wheels. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446204010.952174.jpg

Top Bottom