Dubaibentzen's build of Polar Bear

Dubaibentzen

Looking good

Lookin good.

For sure. Bad ass jeep right there.

Coming along nicely!

Thank you all. The top was needed as summer is coming soon to Dubai.

Next will probably be 2.5 EVO spec King shocks. 3" Enfocer is already here in the boxes. After that on the wish list is: EVO tire carrier, aluminum skins, sliders, stinger plus driveshaft before I pull the trigger on 37" tires. The list goes further on with monster valves and then eventually on to lights......

Wife is asking: Will this never end???
(Probably not -lol- )

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457552972.651461.jpg
So the top was tested for rain! Lots of rain! Full on thunderstorm and flooding here in Dubai today. Great fun plowing through the massive water puddles. There's hardly any drainage, so the next few days the streets will be very muddy. Playtime!!! The top held up nice, but the seals on the older upper half doors leaked a bit. Not much, but enough to make me want to change the rubber seals, if possible.

What about soft tops in automatic carwashes? Something to avoid or no issues? Will the car wash scratch the fabric? :hmm:

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
View attachment 192070
So the top was tested for rain! Lots of rain! Full on thunderstorm and flooding here in Dubai today. Great fun plowing through the massive water puddles. There's hardly any drainage, so the next few days the streets will be very muddy. Playtime!!! The top held up nice, but the seals on the older upper half doors leaked a bit. Not much, but enough to make me want to change the rubber seals, if possible.

What about soft tops in automatic carwashes? Something to avoid or no issues? Will the car wash scratch the fabric? :hmm:

Crazy rain storm! All the times I've been to Dubai, it's never rained. I never had any issues with a soft top in auto car washes, but I also had full doors on my last JK with the soft top. Current JK only has a hard top for now.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458064928.322791.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458064944.422536.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458064970.859504.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458064986.512765.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458065002.530827.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458065020.032741.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458065042.519426.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458065061.409704.jpg
Was contacted by the guy I sold my old Black 2009 JKU Sahara to today. I told him a while ago, that if he was ever interested in selling it, that he should keep me in mind. So he did. I can get it back at a reasonably good price, and now I'm thinking about buying it back and putting a Hemi V8 in it.

It has currently a RIPP supercharger with intercooler, but the bloody thing would always have issues with belts breaking and because the intercooler was blocking the airflow, it would also overheat very quickly. No more supercharger please.

Hmmmm...
It's almost two years ago that I sold it. I'll go and see it on Friday and if it's in a good shape I might give him an offer.

This is what it had when I sold it:
2009 JKU, 90.000km
RIPP Supercharger with intercooler.
EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger.
EVO rear skins and tyre carrier.
Diablo Trinity Tuner.
35" Discoverer Cooper STT
Smittybilt winch 8K
Mickey Thompson MTII wheels
2" inch Teraflex lift kit
Gibson Catback exhaust.

I could swap the better parts from Polar Bear like the Warn Winch, and then eventually use the new still in boxes 3" Enforcer lift kit currently in my garage... And the Hemi conversion got a nice ring to it :)

I could then sell the old engine and Supercharger....
The car now has 112.000km on it.

Thoughts?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's a tough call. You have a great rig so far now and if you bought this one back you would still have a great rig.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Not always possible but.......

Throw Self Control to the curb.....keep Polar Bear and buy this one too.....wouldn't be the only WAL member with more than one JK
:dont_tell: I always have great ideas for others cash

Dubaibentzen

Had a look at the old Black 09 the other day. Although it would be a nice addition to the garage, it was not in the condition I had hoped for ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458488403.683110.jpg

Dubaibentzen

The supercharger was in a terrible condition. Vibrations from bearings and belts. Rear EVO panels were also not put on nicely like I remembered plus tire carrier mounts had some bends in it that actually made it rattle. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458488698.454137.jpg maybe a bit hard to see in the photo, but I'll be better off getting some new stuff. Too many issues with my old JKU.

Dubaibentzen

How do you go on with the inspections in Dubai. Here in Qatar we remove all mods before going for inspection.

It depends on the day and the mood of the inspector. Usually they don't like the no bumper D-ring look. So I just replace it with a stock bumper for renewal, and then change back again. In fact I'm about to renew Polar Bear in a few days. I will try and leave the quarter pounder on and see what they say. Cut fenders are no problem.

Top Bottom