Dubaibentzen's build of Polar Bear

Dubaibentzen

Today I need to look at finding some rubber stoppers (or tennis balls...) for the stock carrier. It seems to rattle a bit now when I go over bumps. The backspacing from the slabs makes a gab from the rear door...

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Today I need to look at finding some rubber stoppers (or tennis balls...) for the stock carrier. It seems to rattle a bit now when I go over bumps. The backspacing from the slabs makes a gab from the rear door...

Just make sure the tire is against them nice and tight to help stop the jiggle. If not run out to the nearest hardware store and you should be able to find a rubber come to go over the stock rubber to extend them

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447313819.890323.jpg It wasn't easy. But after asking in about 100 shops (hardware, plumbing, ACE, etc) I finally found this piece of rubber. That should do. I'll just cut it to length. Let's see

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447327951.872886.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447327978.718028.jpg
1st attempt. Hmmm. It sounds exactly the same. Rattle, rattle over every little bump. I will try and make another one - only longer to put more tension on the tire.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
1st attempt. Hmmm. It sounds exactly the same. Rattle, rattle over every little bump. I will try and make another one - only longer to put more tension on the tire.

I used 1.5 inch PVC pipe with a cap to isolate mine after running tennis balls for about 5 months. With the PVC pipe I found that I needed to make the isolators just long enough to make getting the spare on a pain.

Dubaibentzen

2nd attempt. Great success!! :) well kind of.
Sound is gone (for now) but one of them is bent. I guess I made it too long this time. Nevertheless, it will do for now until I put on a body mounted tire carrier.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
2nd attempt. Great success!! :) well kind of.
Sound is gone (for now) but one of them is bent. I guess I made it too long this time. Nevertheless, it will do for now until I put on a body mounted tire carrier.

That's fine you want them to be semi bent. It just means that there is enough pressure on it to stabilize it.

Dubaibentzen

The next item on my list was the fender cutting, but I spend so much time today hunting for that rubber and now it's too late. Going offroading tomorrow so I'll see if there's any rubbing issues with the 33" and no lift. If there is none, then I might delay the cutting a bit.

Dubaibentzen

I used 1.5 inch PVC pipe with a cap to isolate mine after running tennis balls for about 5 months. With the PVC pipe I found that I needed to make the isolators just long enough to make getting the spare on a pain.

Yup, getting the spare on was a pain. That must be the magic length -lol-

Dubaibentzen

Ordered some new hood decals saying POLAR BEAR. Black letters with red outline, same like the rubicon. Not sure if the current outline of the letters are actually red or burgundy, but lets see how the new ones turn out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ordered some new hood decals saying POLAR BEAR. Black letters with red outline, same like the rubicon. Not sure if the current outline of the letters are actually red or burgundy, but lets see how the new ones turn out.

That's gonna look great! Can't wait to see them!

Top Bottom